• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs v. Spiders Game Thread

Our entire team looks like we're sleepwalking. Not a lot of energy. Hope it changes in the second half

Richmond is playing excellent defense and are coached by one of the best in the business. Sean Mooney is a top notch coach.

We need to come out swinging to start the 2nd half. Penetrate , get to the line, set screens and move the ball. They are trapping and we need to keep the ball moving.

Richmond is playing excellent defense and are coached by one of the best in the business. Sean Mooney is a top notch coach.

It's Chris, but your point definitely stands; there's a reason high-major programs keep sniffing around to see if he's available.

Where? Why? I think it's a solid schedule.

Guess I was wrong. Playing a team that beating is meaningless, yet losing to is meaningfull, that plays great D and has a tricky offense. They're the Navy of our BBall schedule.

TC is shooting 46% for the season. That's not bad. He just needs to be more selective. He's 54% inside the arc.

Guess we're going to find out if Buzz can whip up some offensive magic.

Tony can't make a shot to save his life and we're lucky if he has one assist a half. Should he be on the court?

When we took him off te court Richmond expanded their lead. The answer is yes.

CJ needs to demand the ball more and create some contact early. If he gets to the FT line, we'll be better off.

Our entire team looks like we're sleepwalking. Not a lot of energy. Hope it changes in the second half

Agreed. You'd think it'd be different since it's a home game, but the difference in atmosphere between that Nebraska crowd and our crowd is disheartening.

Dear Ron Wellman,

Stop scheduling Richmond.

Pointless

I thought one of our big donors insisted on us playing Richmond every year? At least that was what I was told 10 or 12 years ago.

I like playing Richmond. The purpose behind playing non-con games is to prepare for the conference grind. They're about as good of a team as we can play and get such a favorable home-home situation.

Guess I was wrong. Playing a team that beating is meaningless, yet losing to is meaningfull, that plays great D and has a tricky offense. They're the Navy of our BBall schedule.

Eh, to me there's a big difference between a 30 game basketball schedule and a 12 game football schedule. One loss is less of a big deal in basketball. Moreover, major conference teams lose regular season basketball games to solid mid-majors like Richmond all the time these days. I don't think the average fan really thinks twice about it anymore. It's not like a loss to Richmond is a huge embarrassment.

It's Chris, but your point definitely stands; there's a reason high-major programs keep sniffing around to see if he's available.

Was Sean Mooney an old WWF announcer? I am trying to figure out where I got Sean from... Anyways we need to go into Carson more and have McKie down on the block.

Back