• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deandre Martin Kicked Off Team

Players getting worse- never developing or in the dog house after being labelled the savior- getting lost of forgotten, getting thrown under the bus. See a trend here?

This definitely couldn't have gone on the existing DeAndre thread.

But yes, Grobe has a player development problem, but maybe even a person developing problem akin to [Redacted]'s. Too many players are being labeled knot heads and never shedding that label. Whether they deserve the label or not is irrelevant - either he's unfairly labeling kids or he's not teaching them the right things to do as far as hard work etc.

And it's revisionist history to say DeAndre wasn't that good as a freshman. True he wasn't as good as Adams in 2007 but few are.

Honestly I thought he might be our best back coming into the season. When he got his chances last year he ran hard and had the ability to break tackles unlike Harris.

I did too. Suspected a problem when he didn't play against home state FSU

I just checked the play-by-play & he did play after the fumble. His fumble occurred early in the 2nd quarter & he had carries in the 3rd.

Harris was in for two series in the third quarter and was handed it maybe once. He was the bright spot in the game. At least he had positive yards per carry (4.4). He did a heckuva lot better than the QBs, who had 3 ints each. The passing game is going nowhere yesterday, we have a running back who's showing success against a superb defensive line, with the aid of our, uh, less than superb offensive line yet he's standing on the sidelines. Go figure.

It is bs, this is happening far too often. It is the coaches fault if there are so many "knot heads". Wellman doesn't care if Wake wins, so why recruit the kids in the first place. I have a feeling he told the coaches that they suck and he is right. It is time for Grobe to go.

Players getting worse- never developing or in the dog house after being labelled the savior- getting lost of forgotten, getting thrown under the bus. See a trend here?

See: liveandiedeac in regards to developing players.

I see players getting better but most of them are on defense. Until we start recruiting and developing offensive linemen again there is little chance we'll see running backs "improve." Same for the QB position. Running for your life doesn't give you much of a chance to improve.

Back