• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Democratic Candidates for POTUS, 2016 edition

:tinfoilhat::jfk:

That's fine. I know plenty of dook basketball fans who express great outrage at the notion that they get a favorable whistle.

Meanwhile, Stephanopoulos is probably fawning over his latest newsletter from the Clinton Foundation's inner circle donor's club.

Sure. Glad you asked: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ce-hillary-clinton-answered-a-press-question/

Until today, it had been 40,150 minutes since she had answered a question from the press. 27.88 days, to be precise. But yeah, Jeb Bush and Ted Cruze are getting asked about other people's policies from four terms ago. Nobody can seem to find time to sit down with old what's-her-name and ask her about decisions made during her tenure as Sec State, as ISIS re-takes Al-Anbar province.

So you don't know the difference between asked and answered.

That's fine. I know plenty of dook basketball fans who express great outrage at the notion that they get a favorable whistle.

Meanwhile, Stephanopoulos is probably fawning over his latest newsletter from the Clinton Foundation's inner circle donor's club.

OK, Carolina basketball fan!

What is the name of the journalist who would actually run deep with a scandal involving Hillary Clinton? 10,000 people in mainstream journalism and nobody bothered to file a public records request for her email? You're not going to find what you're not looking for.

Warts and all, she's their horse. She's the front runner for President of the United States and she hasn't answered a question posed by a reporter in a month.

first of all, impressed that you're on the The List for GOP talking points; bravo, must've cost a lot

secondly, WGAF? Wasnt' aware that politicians were obligated to answer to the media during their campaign. it's their choice on how to spread their message. do you hate freedom?

Also, jhmd, do I really need to tell you again that I don't like Hillary and that I hope she loses in the primary? Any news that hurts her right now is a-ok with me. But reporters cannot force her to answer questions. I'm not quite sure how you don't understand that point.

first of all, impressed that you're on the The List for GOP talking points; bravo, must've cost a lot

secondly, WGAF? Wasnt' aware that politicians were obligated to answer to the media during their campaign. it's their choice on how to spread their message. do you hate freedom?

I do.

Asks for proof.

Gets proof.

Still #undefeated

Yep, not a single reporter asked her a question.

Warren is not viable...and I love her as a candidate. That's where the Democrats & the GOP are different....and where you are thinking like a Republican. Though they have their own far left factions & ideologies, the Demcrats are a far more pragmatic party with far fewer ideologues than the Republicans....which is why they can win national elections and the Republicans no longer can. There are millions of Democrats out there like me who don't even like Hillary Clinton....but are not willing to cut off their nose to spite their face and hand the presidency to a bat-shit crazy Republican presidential candidate. So we will hold our nose and vote for her. As long as she is considered to be the Democratic candidate with by far the best chance of being elected, no serious Democrat is going to challenge her.

The Republicans simply don't think like this....at least enough of them don't. The Democrats eventually learned their lesson...and Bill Clinton was the person who saved them. The Democratic Party had veered dangerously far to the left in the 1980s and was getting close to being in the shape that the GOP is in today....though I don't think they ever got as far left as the GOP is right today, because there were always moderates, even moderate/rights, in the Democratic Party even then....unlike today's GOP, which has totally purged almost all moderates from the party. Susan Collins is about all that is left, now that Olympia Snow finally got disgusted and retired.

The 1980 election is a good example of where the Democrats were then that could be compared to where the GOP is now....though it is an imperfect comparison. The liberal wing of the Democrats talked Ted Kennedy into challenging President Carter in the primaries. To many people's surprise, Carter...even though his presidency had been a disaster...had very little trouble dispatching Kennedy in the primaries. Still, Carter was damaged by Democratic infighting and lost to Reagan (which he probably would have done anyway). It was a lesson learned by the Democrats, though....and opened the door 12 years later (after two more liberal debacles in 1984 & 1988) for Clinton to pull the party back toward the center and make it a very viable "center-left" party.

The Republicans had not learned their lesson in 1992, when Pat Buchanan (along with Ross Perot, of course) effectively crippled George H W Bush and allowed Clinton & the Democrats to win the presidency with less than 50% of the popular vote. However, unlike the Democrats, the Republicans didn't learn their lesson....and have just moved ever farther to the right, becoming more unelectable in national elections every four years. Only Bill Clinton's personal scandal, a poor campaign by Al Gore, Ralph Nader & a completely crooked electoral situation in Florida where Bush's own campaign manager was able to illegally purge 57,000 voters from the voter registration rolls allowed the Republicans to steal the presidency in 2000....then edge out a narrow win in 2004 with one of the dirtiest campaigns in the nation's history....after the Democrats had nominated the wrong candidate to oppose him.

In the 11 years since the 2004 election, though, the Republican Party has seemingly been on a suicide mission as a party that can compete at the national level....as the far right radicals have taken a stronger & stronger stranglehold on the party. Maybe the GOP can find a way to survive, but I doubt it. Where is their "Bill Clinton"? ....because that's what the GOP is going to need to take back its party from the far right, and I just don't see him out there anywhere.
Wow, that was probably your best post in years.

True, he doesn't. But you beat him to that punch in misreading his original post.

What is the name of the journalist who would actually run deep with a scandal involving Hillary Clinton? 10,000 people in mainstream journalism and nobody bothered to file a public records request for her email? You're not going to find what you're not looking for.

Warts and all, she's their horse. She's the front runner for President of the United States and she hasn't answered a question posed by a reporter in a month.

So jh, is it your contention that the media landscape is intentionally ignoring any potential issues with Clinton?

So jh, is it your contention that the media landscape is intentionally ignoring any potential issues with Clinton?

She's the lone credible Dem candidate. Who do you think they want to win in 2016?

True, he doesn't. But you beat him to that punch in misreading his original post.

I said "answered" and he changed it to "asked". That's what you do when you are out here tryin' to stay #undefeated.

I said "answered" and he changed it to "asked". That's what you do when you are out here tryin' to stay #undefeated.

Because your contention was that reporters are letting Hillary off easy. Reporters can't answer questions for her. All they can do is ask.

And look what we have here.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...-department-release-asap-118091.html?cmpid=sf

Hillary saying that she wants the emails released as soon as possible and answering reporter questions about it.

Our national nightmare is over.

Right. The hallmark of a person who runs their public duties out of a private server out of their house (in contravention of stated Administration policy) and then wipes those servers clean before turning them over is transparency.

You getting enough air down there that far in the tank, Doc?

I didn't say it was transparency. I said her public stance is that she wants the emails released as soon as possible and she answered reporter questions about it.

I didn't say it was transparency. I said her public stance is that she wants the emails released as soon as possible and she answered reporter questions about it.

Uh-huh. My public stance is everyone gets a lollipop on their birthday every year. She's got the emails. That's the whole point. Nobody's stopping her from releasing them, so her conduct immediately undermines the "as soon as possible" crock.

Wait....do you believe Hillary Clinton? Really? Why?

Lets not be stupid and say that HRC is the only rotten apple in the barrel. She just did something the other team had not thought of yet. It used to be Pubs that had all the dirty tricks and aces up their sleeves and now Obama with the web based fund raising that aced the Pubs and HRC wiping a server. Do I condone it? Hell no, but to pretend she's the only one doing it is absurd.

I do believe that dinosaur known as Lindsey Graham isn't doing it as he says he has never sent an email and he now wants to be President.

Back