• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

deplorables - alt perspective

She said "half of Trump's supporters", PH. I will ask you the same question that I asked Uncle Frank....do you think that half of the people who voted for Trump are "irredeemable deplorables"? That's more than 31 million people, if Hillary is to be taken at her word.

My wish is that when discussing these things, we could all simply take every person at their word. Let's take Hilary at her word. If that is what she said, then we hear it and we can absorb it and comment on it. Not spin it, deny it, or any other form of obfuscation.

As an example of what I wish would happen, if Trump mocked a disabled person, then that is what he did. Let's take him at his word.

She said "half of Trump's supporters", PH. I will ask you the same question that I asked Uncle Frank....do you think that half of the people who voted for Trump are "irredeemable deplorables"? That's more than 31 million people, if Hillary is to be taken at her word.

No

I know you weren't asking me but no, and it was a crucial mistake from Hillary

That's not what she meant in using that term and if you are being honest, you'd admit it. It was directed at the legions of white supremacists that had endorsed Trump not the generic conservatives or the scammed working class voters who supported Trump. The attempt to portray all Trump voters as deplorables is lazy, dishonest and an ultimate endeavor of partisan hacks.

Isn't that what you have done in almost every post since the election?

It was not just what Hillary said but the enthusiastic approval of her supporters that was truly telling. They really believe that many who disagree with them are hopelessly deplorable. And that's a real obstacle to exchanging views.

It was not just what Hillary said but the enthusiastic approval of her supporters that was truly telling. They really believe that many who disagree with them are hopelessly deplorable. And that's a real obstacle to exchanging views.

Your statement is accurate...with one exception: this is true on both sides of the aisle.

Your statement is accurate...with one exception: this is true on both sides of the aisle.

The plan hatched in the early 80s by Atwater and Ailes has been totally successful. Now that the generations who thought compromise was part of working for the country are retired or have lost, us v. them is all this generation understands.

Us vs Them seems to have exponentially grown with the societal immersion of social media.

Mention any topic, and both liberals and conservative become offense coordinators...they look down at their potential playlist of responses, hold the sheet over their mouths, and send it in.

118zrxs.jpg

I absolutely agree that the internet, especially since the advent of social media, has been the most divisive factor in American politics and life in America. One crazy in Bumfuck used to think he's the only one. Now hundreds or thousands of people like him get together. This then attracts others.

Trump is using this like any carny scammer would. If you turn people against each other, they don't have time to look at you as you steal them blind.

This might be the richest thing that anyone has ever said on here. Have you seen video from Trump rallies?

So much victimhood. My heart bleeds for all these put upon middle Americans and their oppression under the jackboot of Liberals.

BKF, have you actually read the quote?

She led off saying it was a gross generalization. Then ended saying only some were irredeemable.

So much victimhood. My heart bleeds for all these put upon middle Americans and their oppression under the jackboot of Liberals.

It's really a shame that the liberal platform includes the denial of rights from people because they believe the literal reading of a book written 2000 years ago.

The ironic thing is how stupid and gullible the white steel workers, auto workers and other union workers in PA, OH, WI and MI were. I can't think of any group that was scammed out of their vote more in my lifetime than they were. Trump has a nearly forty year history of screwing union and other workers. He refused to hire Americans at Trump Tower and had to pay a $1,000,000 fine. He was sued in AC for many labor violations. For decades he has refused to buy American steel and put American steel workers out of work.

It went even further in that Trump wanted put all US union auto workers out of their jobs and make the US auto industry go BK. Then Trump wanted to rehire fewer workers, at lower and less benefits. But those workers were scammed by Trump.

Hell, he's even been sued in a class action suit for stealing the tips from servers and bartenders.

Trump is likely the person least supportive of the people who voted for him in the history of the United States.

As much as the Pubs want it to be true - she wasn't calling conservatives deplorable.

She was calling racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, and Islamaphobic people deplorable.

Is it really debatable that half of Trump voters don't check at least one of those boxes?

Last edited:
Golf clap. I like someone who wears their bigotry on their sleeve.

Honesty in all it's forms is better than deception.

Is it now bigotry to call out bigotry?

Back