• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas

I wish people would stop comparing Josh and Devin. The "Josh is a cancer" stuff was BS then and it's BS now.

There is no comparison other than the fact that both players have passion and one player had a mentor. Their games don't match. But they both are/were chippy and devoted to winning. The point here is Josh had Skip and became a great player. And I don't think anyone saw that coming when he was a sophomore. I wish Devin had Skip to coach him up. I think he could be great.

I don't think people are comparing the skill level of Josh Howard to Devin Thomas. They're just comparing that Howard was deemed a "bad egg" and then Skip came in and got the absolute best out of Josh (Josh Howard actually might be my favorite Wake Forest player of all-time. He was just so awesome in 2003). We're all hoping that a new coach can come in, fix Devin's attitude and get the absolute best out of Devin. I truly believe Devin can be an All-ACC player (2nd team or 3rd is more likely), but he needs a coach that is a leader of men and can get the best out of his players to accomplish that.

Yes. Josh wasn't a "bad egg." He was a fiery competitor who threw balls off his opponents when he was going out of bounds.

my only issue with howard is that nobody quit during the butler game as obviously as he did

Reality check. Devin Thomas couldn't carry Josh Howard's jock.

Back