• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin

Which is one reason why he could fare better at the next level than undersized PFs who were strickly post ups.

I'm saying its the exact same way McAdoo played. He'd catch the ball facing the basket, attack his man off the dribble with quickness to score. I watched him intently his junior year because I had him on an ACC fantasy team. He sucked at posting up, okay rebounder and marginal skills elsewhere. I feel like everyone's take on Devin is just based on the last two games.

Last edited:
Do you watch basketball? Devin doesn't suck at post ups. It's the source of his game. He's developed the ability to put it on the floor from FT line distance and take it to the rack. But he's not a face-up 4, mostly because he hasn't developed enough of a mid-range J to do that effectively.

No, I don't think Devin plays as well with his back to the basket.

I love Devin. I hope Devin makes me eat crow every time I doubt him.

Devin has zero chance to stick on an NBA roster. He maybe gets a camp invite or two though, and those are nice paychecks.

Everyone hated Devin 1 week ago, and now I'm insulting his basketball skill by comparing him to a #6 RSCI player and one time potential lotto pick.

Everyone hated Devin 1 week ago, and now I'm insulting his basketball skill by comparing him to a #6 RSCI player and one time potential lotto pick.

Yeah, who rapidly fell out of the lottery once people actually saw him play and not just jump around in an empty gym. The guy couldn't score on anything but fast break dunk and alley-oops. I'm not saying he didn't try to face up and create his own shot, but he was rarely successful at it.

Two games apparently make people lose their long term memories around here. A bunch of damn reactionaries on this thread.

I feel as though this is a weird case of a split fanbase on Devin, where much of the older crowd has a strong distaste for Devin because of how emotional he is, how many technicals he draws, etc. And then there's the other side who see him as either the best or second best player for Wake during most of his time at the school, and a reliable near double-double contributor every game.

So two of his best games at Wake back to back have either vindicated or confused a lot of people.

Nobody compared Devin to Taj Gibson, I compared McAdoo to Taj Gibson.
But I would make a similar statement about comparing McAdoo to Devin (which was my point). They have barely any similarities in their games, and their build is also nothing alike.

You said that Taj Gibson had a relatively similar build to Devin. Have you ever seen Taj Gibson?

Do you watch basketball? Devin doesn't suck at post ups. It's the source of his game. He's developed the ability to put it on the floor from FT line distance and take it to the rack. But he's not a face-up 4, mostly because he hasn't developed enough of a mid-range J to do that effectively.

devin is not good with his back to the basket. what he's done the past two games has been making extremely difficult hook shots out of his post game. and I don't think he can keep up making those shots because he never has in the past. he's far more effective facing up.

I think the whole premise of this thread is based on keeping up a high level of play from the last two games. If this hasn't been a real turning point, then scrap all of it.

yeah. come on you donks. if he doesn't keep up the 27.5/8 on 68% from the field pace, then of course we don't think he's nba material. #duh

This is 100% correct. 2 &2 have you ever seen Taj Gibson play? He is one of the more athletic power forwards in the league. He is also way taller with longer arms than Devin and most of his points come off of rebound dunks and baseline jumpers. Whatever you want to say about Devin, those are not his strengths.

Haha also... To state the obvious.... Taj Gibson is freaking ripped and Devin wears a t-shirt

rewatched most of the game. I think devin faced up every time he touched the ball. good adjustment from manning over the past few games. even the post moves started off with the first step drive.

Back