• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

2nd out was on ump. Called two pitches 6 inches inside strikes. He calls that pitch on N.C. state, wake wins.

Time for the season to end for these guys. They would be an embarsement in the tournament

holy shit. what a terrible way to lose.

and while walks and defense to blame those were some awful strike calls on ludowig

Not good coaching. Wake played hard. Absolutely terrible umpiring. No way that runner should have been safe on the replay. Harvey was late with the tag, but unless they had angles they didn't show us, there was no proof the runner ever hit the plate before Harvey did tag him. Pathetic. too bad for the team.

Wake gave that game to State. Way too many errors, walks and mental mistakes. But that home plate umpire was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. He needs to be reassigned to a lower level of baseball.

Time for Currie to fire Walter. Wake is so close to being a great baseball program with our facilities, just need the coaching.

Home plate ump sucked ass. I would have gone ballistic on him if i was Walter, just to draw attention to what a piss poor job he did.

Not good coaching. Wake played hard. Absolutely terrible umpiring. No way that runner should have been safe on the replay. Harvey was late with the tag, but unless they had angles they didn't show us, there was no proof the runner ever hit the plate before Harvey did tag him. Pathetic. too bad for the team.

This. All day.

ultimately gave up four runs on only one solidly hit ball mostly due to walks and shoddy defense

Yep, from the angles we saw I couldn’t see that he touched the plate before he was tagged.

Bigger problem was the pitch calling.

Time for Currie to fire Walter. Wake is so close to being a great baseball program with our facilities, just need the coaching.

I like Coach, but we ought to be winning given our investment in facilities and the level of talent we have. Time for a new leader.

Routine defensive plays have to be made in D1 baseball. When it mattered most, Wake’s defense couldn’t execute the basics.

I was saying about 40 pitches in that this umpire was all over the place. It’s a shame that a top tier conference can’t get a better crew than this. The color guy was all over them and I’m pretty sure his son plays for Clemson (who could have potentially lost a tourney spot to Wake if we won tonight) so I can guarantee he wasn’t pulling for us.

Yep, from the angles we saw I couldn’t see that he touched the plate before he was tagged.

Bigger problem was the pitch calling.

easy to second guess but we really were afraid to use sliders with the tying run on 3rd which really let state extend at bats since fleming’s fb has too much tail to be a good strikeout pitch.

Back