• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dianne Feinstein Dead at 90

trump-didn%27t.gif

so wasn't there going to be some fight from Republicans to get her replacement on the Judiciary Committee if she was replaced? wonder if they'll continue with that fuckery.

Not going to speak ill of the dead, but the people that cared about her should have let her leave politics gracefully months or even years ago, so that her decline in health wasn’t a goddamn public spectacle. That whole weekend at Bernies shit wasn’t dignified at all IMO, and whatever I think about her politics, she deserved better as a human being. She may have been resolute and stubborn about it, but still you have to make a better decision.

Not going to speak ill of the dead, but the people that cared about her should have let her leave politics gracefully months or even years ago, so that her decline in health wasn’t a goddamn public spectacle. That whole weekend at Bernies shit wasn’t dignified at all IMO, and whatever I think about her politics, she deserved better as a human being.

I agree with the overall sentiment you’re suggesting.

But “let her”?

Maybe.

Maybe they tried to convince her but she insisted on staying? I don’t know. Older people can be stubborn and irrational, just like anyone else. Sometimes more so.

man it would have been great if she had decided not to run again in 2018 at the young age of 85

But “let her”?

Maybe.

Maybe they tried to convince her but she insisted on staying? I don’t know. Older people can be stubborn and irrational, just like anyone else. Sometimes more so.
Sure, but it had to require a lot of people, too many people, in coordination to keep up that facade at the end. It’s tough but common part of life when kids have to take the car keys away from their elderly parents and step in and make decisions for them. That’s what I believe should have happened here. Probably in her mind Feinstein believed it was valorous to go out with her boots on, but still I think her family should have made a better decision for her.

It says a lot about our political system that a Senator died while serving at age 90. I don't think the framers of the Constitution envisioned that. And the Senator was a woman, too.

But “let her”?

Maybe.

Yeah, try taking the car keys away from an aged (male) parent that's become a liability behind the wheel.

It says a lot about our political system that a Senator died while serving at age 90. I don't think the framers of the Constitution envisioned that. And the Senator was a woman, too.

From a state on land they barely knew existed.

Yeah, try taking the car keys away from an aged (male) parent that's become a liability behind the wheel.
we have a couple OTs in our clinic that do driving evaluations and hoo boy. those are some emotional conversations they have to have.

The last part would have been their biggest hang up. She might have gotten period blood in the chamber !!

Back