• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dianne Feinstein Dead at 90

Yeah, try taking the car keys away from an aged (male) parent that's become a liability behind the wheel.

Yeah, sometimes there’s a dramatic change and everyone goes along with obviously needed adjustments or restrictions. And sometimes a gradually failing person is more deferential to loving supervision and advice.

Other times…ho boy.

Last edited:
Say what you will about her politics, her fucking up the judiciary for the Democrats, her legacy, at least she died doing what she loved: dying.

Brb, trying to start a meme quoting Band of Horses “The Funeral” every time a public figure dies.

we have a couple OTs in our clinic that do driving evaluations and hoo boy. those are some emotional conversations they have to have.
yeah. As my mom declined with Alzheimer's the loss of being able to drive (and the feeling of control that brings) was huge. Almost every conversation with her has an incident of her getting sad/mad about someone telling her she can't drive (because in her mind, there's nothing wrong with her).

That is awful. She is worse than I thought. And I didn't have a very high opinion of her to begin with.

He response just adds proof that all politicians are only concerned with being elected and staying in office with no interest in actually governing.

That is awful. She is worse than I thought. And I didn't have a very high opinion of her to begin with.

He response just adds proof that all politicians are only concerned with being elected and staying in office with no interest in actually governing.
See this makes me sad though, because she is probably the main reason we have any national gun control laws. She was a staunch liberal and a good senator, but instead of being remembered for such, she is going to be remembered for staying on too long and her last years will be her legacy. I wish she had had someone who she listened to her tell her that.

I met Senator Diane Feinstein once, in the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. She had just recently been assigned to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (in 2001), and it was in that capacity that she had a senior staffer from the committee ask me to come to Washington DC to brief her on Iraqi WMD and the allegations being made by the Bush administration that Iraq continued to possess them. We met in a secure conference room in the Capital building—me, the Senator, and a half dozen staffers and aides. It was a polite, professional affair, with the Senator asking questions and taking notes. Eventually she confronted me—“Your position is causing us some difficulty. You are making the US look bad in the eyes of the world.” I replied that my analysis and the underlying facts were rock solid, something she agreed with. I said that while I knew she couldn’t reveal sensitive intelligence, if she could look me in the eye and say she has seen unequivocal proof that Iraq retained WMD, I’d shut up and go away. She looked at her retinue, and then me. “I have seen no such intelligence,” she replied. She thanked me for the briefing, and said it provided her with “food for thought.”On October 11, 2002, Senator Feinstein voted in favor of the resolution authorizing war with Iraq. Later, she said she had been misled by the Bush administration and bad intelligence.I will forever know Senator Feinstein as someone who had been empowered by the truth, and lacked the moral courage to act on it. The blood of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis stains her soul. I hope when she stands in judgment before her maker, she is punished accordingly.
https://twitter.com/RealScottRitter/status/1707760992300490794/photo/1

Feel like if we are supposed to grade Democrats from West Virginia on a curve than we should be able to do the same for San Francisco. Feinstein was a corrupt authoritarian mayor from the very beginning only elected due to a tragic circumstance.

Back