• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you renew your Deacon Club membership?

Does anyone have the annual report from the last couple of years? I would love to use that to count the number of donors. My guess is that it was well north of 4k. They are not available on the website.

Does anyone have the annual report from the last couple of years? I would love to use that to count the number of donors. My guess is that it was well north of 4k. They are not available on the website.

To my knowledge, they've never discussed this information previously.

An increase of 3%, btw, cannot be historically competitive. And I tend to doubt that 4,000 total donors was impressive.

Yep..notice how there isn't a rate of change for that or for the % of 110% donors. I bet both are down, probably significantly.

4000 is significantly less than Wake's undergrad enrollment. I would hope that's an unusually low number.

Here is a quote from the Deacon Club's website ... "The Deacon Club is made up of almost 5,000 donors from all walks of life."

4000+ < 5000

I wasn't a member of the DC when we were good and am not a member now. I couldn't afford it right after college. I'm not judging anyone for giving or not giving. I see that any donation my my alma mater (including the DC) as a good thing and the the dropping or withholding of donations to the DC as a rational response to the shit show of the past few years.

I do contribute some to the University but always give to student aid. As long as I live, the student aid fund will probably be the only Wake Forest thing I give money to (outside of occasional tickets).

NOT ONLY THAT, THERE ARE MORE POTENTIAL DONORS NOW WITH THE GROWING STUDENT BASE!!!!

I'm sure we add more grads and freshmen than we loss alums from death.

Maybe Ron just goes to a few whales at the deadline and says, "We need a $100,000 to make the books look good. Can you get us there?"

I dropped out of the DC this year after 20+ years. There is no reason I should've gotten that email today other than a big middle finger from the a-holes at the school. They never sent an email like that when I was an actual member. I'm so done with Wake. It's just a collection of buildings with a bunch of a-holes running things. Never give another penny.

Guys, let's remember that "we averaged 2100 students per game" at the Joel last season. I don't believe anything that comes out of this AD, especially with a criminal running the books.

8070472.jpeg

Last edited:
Sincerely want to thank those that let their voice be heard by not donating this year. Our voice's however small, carry a lot more weight when in mass. They might be able to get a wealthy donor to cover the losses this year and next but eventually they'll Wake up to the situation too.

Thanks! #WELLMAN GTF OUT!

To my knowledge, they've never discussed this information previously.

This situation is ripe for abuse. No public scrutiny of the books. Now you have a crook keeping (or cooking) those books. And the book cooking crook works for a known liar.

Any businessman that thinks this is acceptable is an idiot. Is there not one competent businessman in the DC leadership?

Last edited:
Just read through this thread. In a weird way the letter to non contributors is encouraging. The message is getting through. They responded to the outrage by trying to throw feces at it and laugh but their response is still a response.

As was mentioned earlier. There is a limit to all generosity. Big donors are only going to cover for the defections for so long. This is the last year. Both are gone at the end. Bank on it.

Ron will retire after this year and Bz will be released. There is only so far an administration can go before they get tired of the heat.

Yep- 27 years in the DC and counting....but I'm small potatoes. It's the loss of any of the high rollers that will make a difference.

It was one dude who blew his load because Wellman sold his soul and forked over a few insane perks.

Yep..notice how there isn't a rate of change for that or for the % of 110% donors. I bet both are down, probably significantly.

4000 is significantly less than Wake's undergrad enrollment. I would hope that's an unusually low number.

I think that our undergrad enrollment is now closer to 4700 and capped as such as per Hatch.

Back