• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you renew your Deacon Club membership?

You guys have an inflated sense of self importance. What the (mostly) broke-ass twenty and thirty somethings on this board give or don't give doesn't matter. Wellman is worried about the big contributors (5 figures annually and up). If they stop giving or significantly drop their contribution we are getting somewhere. I gave my $125 because it keeps me in line for better days, and my giving or not giving has no effect on [Redacted]'s or Wellman's employment stability anyway.

Keeps you in line for what? We are not Alabama or Kentucky. We're never going to sell out football or basketball so it isn't like you won't be able to buy tickets. The ACC Tourny is not a big ticket event any more, and you can buy better seats outside than you can through the DC. Whatever bowl games we go to will be dying to sell tickets to the general public. So you get to park your car a couple of hundred feet closer? Whoopdeedamndoo.

Fuck Jeff [Redacted], fuck Ron Wellman, and fuck the Deacon Club for letting this shitshow continue. Not a damn penny.

Fuck Jeff [Redacted], fuck Ron Wellman, and fuck the Deacon Club for letting this shitshow continue. Not a damn penny.

Don't forget Hatch. Fuck him too.

Well this is how we gonna' do this:
fuck Mobb Deep,
fuck Biggie,
fuck Bad Boy as a staff, record label, and as a mother fucking crew.
And if you want to be down with Bad Boy,
Then fuck you too.
Chino XL, fuck you too.
All you mother fuckers,
fuck you too.
All of y'all mother fuckers,
fuck you, die slow motherfucker.
My four four make sure all your kids don't grow.
You motherfuckers can't be us or see us.
We mother fuckin' Thug Life riders.
West Side till' we die.

fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

I actually asked for a refund for last year. No word back as of yet.

Ole Gene has saved me a bunch of money over the years.

The Bobcats saved me a lot of money by not securing Chris Paul. Have never paid for a Bobcat ticket. Probably $2000/year saved at a minimum.

The crazy thing is that it's not even fully tax deductible.

its because you receive economic benefit

eta: i assume the majority of the poster dont give mainly because they are poor, not for some grand philosophical reason, but whatever makes you guys feel good.

Last edited:
I started donating $5,000/year in 1976. Don't know what it would have been up to by now, so I guess Hooks did me a favor...in a back-handed way. (Plus, I would never have migrated to becoming a full-time IU supporter for all those years if things hadn't gone down like they did with Coach Tacy. So, in a way, Hooks fully turned me on to Coach Knight, too....which worked out really well. I got to witness how basketball is really supposed to be played for many years.)

ETA: I can't imagine paying to watch a Bobcats game. I wouldn't go to their games if they paid me $2,000/year.....even if they had Paul...and Johnson, Teague & Aminu to go along with him

Jesus you just suck.

Can somebody mock up an invoice we could all start sending in that cites "lack of historical competitiveness" as justification for full refund?

I'm really disappointed so many people gave money to the DC, even if just the minimum. Whatever positive stats the Emperor can use to justify his current choices, he will use, and we do not need to be giving him any ammunition.

Can you tell us how disappointed ou are one more time...

I broke down and renewed my Deacon Club membership, albeit at a vastly reduced level. The woman on the phone did not seem at all surprised by my reduction (and did not ask any questions), but instead seem relieved that I was calling to donate in the first place.

If you don't give, you're this generations BKF. Might as well get your UNC sweatshirt.

I actually grew up a Bob Knight fan, I must have just been ahead of my time.

I broke down and renewed my Deacon Club membership, albeit at a vastly reduced level. The woman on the phone did not seem at all surprised by my reduction (and did not ask any questions), but instead seem relieved that I was calling to donate in the first place.

I'm very disappointed in you.

Just got the following e-mail, which is surprising since I am not in the Deacon Club any more:

Dear Deacon Club members,

Thank you for your generous support of the Deacon Club Annual Fund. Your donations help continue our legacy of athletic and academic excellence here at Wake Forest and we are truly appreciative of your support.

We are happy to announce that at the close of our fiscal year on June 30th, we raised over $15.15 million for our Annual Fund, Endowment and Capital Projects which is an increase of 11% over the previous year. We had over 4,000 members make donations to the Deacon Club Annual Fund, and of those members, over 20% donated at 110%.

Overall, our Annual Scholarship Fund increased by 3% over the previous year for a total of over $6.2 million. All donations to the Annual Fund go directly toward providing athletic scholarships for our student-athletes for the 2013-2014 academic year. More details on our athletic department highlights from 2012-2013 will be available in our annual Year in Review, which will be mailed in early August.

We hope that you will enjoy the video below, featuring some of our student-athletes and their recent accomplishments, many of which would not have been possible without your support. Thank you again for your generous contributions.

Who the hell is making these donations and perpetuating this shitshow? Fucking douchebags.

Back