• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you renew your Deacon Club membership?

Brangus has been lecturing us on the subject for a few months now.

What I always thought was interesting is that my measly 500 bucks a year gave me a DC rank of like 3400.

I shot an email explaining my position. Got a nice response. Will likely get back on board when bzzz is fired this year.

Brangus has been lecturing us on the subject for a few months now.

What I always thought was interesting is that my measly 500 bucks a year gave me a DC rank of like 3400.

Yeah, I just joined the Deacon Club in 2012 and purchased season tickets for basketball and football, which gave me 11 points. I was scared that 11 points made me rank around 4,500 or so.

I bought what RW decision making skills are equal to.
Lots of zeros with zeros in front of the zeros.
Good grief what a disaster.

Made my first contribution upon graduation in 1991. My wife and I have been members of the Deacon Club every year since. I did not renew this year.

You guys have an inflated sense of self importance. What the (mostly) broke-ass twenty and thirty somethings on this board give or don't give doesn't matter. Wellman is worried about the big contributors (5 figures annually and up). If they stop giving or significantly drop their contribution we are getting somewhere. I gave my $125 because it keeps me in line for better days, and my giving or not giving has no effect on [Redacted]'s or Wellman's employment stability anyway.

I would be pretty surprised of total donors or retained donors or longevity of donors or something of the like is not a KPI for Wellman. It should be, and it's clearly a KPI for the greater university.

I did not renew. I was around 1800 or so after modest contributions for many years. Done with it for the time being.

I would be pretty surprised of total donors or retained donors or longevity of donors or something of the like is not a KPI for Wellman. It should be, and it's clearly a KPI for the greater university.

At this point, I don't think he has any KPI at least not from the last five years.

Definitely renewed. Support the program, not its leader(s).

The blind ignorance of this logic pisses me off. By renewing you are at a very minimum de facto supporting and enabling the leadership. So we should all write checks to Castro to help the innocent oppressed Cuban people?

Definitely renewed. Support the program, not its leader(s).

I cannot support anything that is led by people that willfully and gleefully mislead and lie to their consumers. There is a serious problem within the Athletic Department and they don't deserve any of our money for their hubris which has led us into this awful place.

It's clear the deacon club member dollars don't mean all that much because the fat cats can, and apparently are, make up for it. The only way to really show something tangible is to drop out entirely so they powers that be can't say

"see very few have dropped out of the dc."
"but the dollar amount is much lower. Everyone is giving the minimum."
"its the economy. Our big doners are giving extra until the rank and file can get back to their normal giving levels."

The blind ignorance of this logic pisses me off. By renewing you are at a very minimum de facto supporting and enabling the leadership. So we should all write checks to Castro to help the innocent oppressed Cuban people?

Fortunately for the rest of humanity, the WFU Athletic Department 1) is not Cuba; and 2) despite what some here might argue, is not actually oppressing anyone.

You can disagree with me all you want, but I can assure you that I do not act out of ignorance.

I cannot support anything that is led by people that willfully and gleefully mislead and lie to their consumers. There is a serious problem within the Athletic Department and they don't deserve any of our money for their hubris which has led us into this awful place.

Then you have plenty of reason not to contribute. Great for you.

I'm really disappointed so many people gave money to the DC, even if just the minimum. Whatever positive stats the Emperor can use to justify his current choices, he will use, and we do not need to be giving him any ammunition.

I'm really surprised this many people contributed.

Clearly it's a smart move by the DC to tie membership to football parking passes. I don't have football season tickets any more, so it was easier for me to drop out entirely, as for the past couple years I've received no actual personal benefit from my membership, other than the good vibes.

Again, I'm not judging anyone for re-upping. I was just curious what people ultimately ended up doing now that the deadline passed.

Clearly it's a smart move by the DC to tie membership to football parking passes. I don't have football season tickets any more, so it was easier for me to drop out entirely, as for the past couple years I've received no actual personal benefit from my membership, other than the good vibes.

Again, I'm not judging anyone for re-upping. I was just curious what people ultimately ended up doing now that the deadline passed.

True re the football tickets. We dropped our PSLs and tickets this year because of Wellman.

Back