• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you renew your Deacon Club membership?

Got 2 calls and both times said that after 20 years, Wake would no longer get any money from me. The arrogance being displayed is shameful and makes me sick to my stomach. You don't have to renew your DC membership to get your football tix/parking pass.

I donated all of my usual deacon club money to the 2012 Romney for President fund last week. Much better investment.

Stopped giving to the the Deacon Club and the Wake Forest Fund. No one called me from the Deacon Club, but got multiple calls/e-mails from the Wake Forest Fund. Told everyone who contacted me that I can only assume that the administration's handling of [Redacted] is indicative of what is going on with the rest of the campus, and that I cannot trust the administration to put my money to good use.

Smart man.

I donated all of my usual deacon club money to the 2012 Romney for President fund last week. Much better investment.

The likelyhood that you will be supporting a winning effort is about the same....

I always renew, but not near at the levels I once was. Until they put this program back on the right track and show they care about normal people and not just the "big" money, why? The normal DC membership doesn't matter anymore.

Not one penny to the Deacon Club and I didn't buy my usual 6 football tickets.

Doubled my donation to the Annual Fund instead.

You guys have an inflated sense of self importance. What the (mostly) broke-ass twenty and thirty somethings on this board give or don't give doesn't matter. Wellman is worried about the big contributors (5 figures annually and up). If they stop giving or significantly drop their contribution we are getting somewhere. I gave my $125 because it keeps me in line for better days, and my giving or not giving has no effect on [Redacted]'s or Wellman's employment stability anyway.

You guys have an inflated sense of self importance. What the (mostly) broke-ass twenty and thirty somethings on this board give or don't give doesn't matter. Wellman is worried about the big contributors (5 figures annually and up). If they stop giving or significantly drop their contribution we are getting somewhere. I gave my $125 because it keeps me in line for better days, and my giving or not giving has no effect on [Redacted]'s or Wellman's employment stability anyway.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that withholding smal DC donations is going to be a game changer.

Brangus has been lecturing us on the subject for a few months now.

What I always thought was interesting is that my measly 500 bucks a year gave me a DC rank of like 3400.

I am disappointed so many chose to continue making contributions, no matter how small, as the Emperor will tout that the number of donors is the historically competitive with past years.

Back