• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Difference between Manning and Clawson

Manning has coached 5 games against Duke & Carolina......and he lost all 5 of them....by an average of 19.6 points. In one loss to Duke, the Blue Devils could have scored 0 points in the 2nd half and would have still won the game.

Buzz beat both Duke & Carolina in his last year before he was forced out.

Was his last year his second or his third? Neither? oh.

Did any of the teams bzz beat with such authority win the ncaa tournament?

Apples to apples my old friend. Give it a whirl and see how it looks.

By the way, bzz no longer coaches here. Are you sad about that? Given his tenure, it is hard to imagine, despite the rousing successes you mentioned.

[Redacted] had a winning record and won 6 ACC games in one season at Wake. Mike Krzyzewski only had 3 and 4 acc wins in consecutive years with a losing record as head coach at Duke. [Redacted] is twice the coach Krzyzewski is.

#BKFLogic

Was his last year his second or his third? Neither? oh.

Did any of the teams bzz beat with such authority win the ncaa tournament?

Apples to apples my old friend. Give it a whirl and see how it looks.

By the way, bzz no longer coaches here. Are you sad about that? Given his tenure, it is hard to imagine, despite the rousing successes you mentioned.

I stopped giving a damn who coached WF basketball on July 15, 1985. It would have been just fine with me if they had never played another game after that day.

Manning has coached 5 games against Duke & Carolina......and he lost all 5 of them....by an average of 19.6 points. In one loss to Duke, the Blue Devils could have scored 0 points in the 2nd half and would have still won the game.

Buzz beat both Duke & Carolina in his last year before he was forced out.

Coach K lost to Coach Tacy 9 straight times before he finally beat him. Coach GDO also had a run with Chill where he beat K 9 straight times including that one very cool time in Cameron where Chill hit the 3 ball over Grant Hill that Lennie Wirtz had to come back on the floor to make sure it was signaled a 3 and the game was over! Larry "George Jefferson" Rose was straight-lined and did not see Randolph's feet clearly behind the arc but Wirtz did from across the court and was giving the preliminary signal. Coach Tacy had 2 Elite 8's in 1977 & 1984. Still amazing to me was Carl's lack of ACC tourney success but great success in the Big Four? Skip Brown never won an ACC tourney game in his 4 years, then we made the finals against Duke my senior year in 1978.

Coach K lost to Coach Tacy 9 straight times before he finally beat him. Coach GDO also had a run with Chill where he beat K 9 straight times including that one very cool time in Cameron where Chill hit the 3 ball over Grant Hill that Lennie Wirtz had to come back on the floor to make sure it was signaled a 3 and the game was over! Larry "George Jefferson" Rose was straight-lined and did not see Randolph's feet clearly behind the arc but Wirtz did from across the court and was giving the preliminary signal. Coach Tacy had 2 Elite 8's in 1977 & 1984. Still amazing to me was Carl's lack of ACC tourney success but great success in the Big Four? Skip Brown never won an ACC tourney game in his 4 years, then we made the finals against Duke my senior year in 1978.

Here's a little Skip Brown ACCT trivia:

The one & one FT that he missed with 11 seconds left in regulation in the Scoreboard Game while we were leading 90-88 was the only free throw he missed in an ACCT game in his 4 years at Wake.

Manning will get the same opportunity that buzz had. All he has to do is win.

Back