• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino defended himself & his players?

Really wish the story would come out about what was actually going on while Dino was in charge.......Dino is hardly setting the story straight. Look i hate the "culture" crap as much as anyone but what Bilas said is not wrong....

Then answer those three questions.

Why is Dino not a head coach somewhere?
With his record at Wake schools should be
battling for his services.

Maybe he likes his current job?
Maybe he doesn't want to coach anymore?
Maybe he would only consider a certain level job that hasn't been made available to him?
How is this relevant to whether or not he had trangressions at Wake?

Maybe he was getting free money from Wake still.

Maybe he likes his current job?
Maybe he doesn't want to coach anymore?

Maybe he would only consider a certain level job that hasn't been made available to him?
How is this relevant to whether or not he had trangressions at Wake?

Does anyone really know Dino wants to coach anymore? I'm sure he feels as many of us do, that he got a raw deal with the way that worked out here and maybe he just doesn't want to deal with the politics of coaching anymore. He's got a good job working for ESPN U and probably happy.

I used the @BzdeliksWatch account to send a message to Bilas immediately following his comments Wednesday. Hope he got the message loud and clear.

Oh no... Not the @BzdeliksWatch account!!!

Bilas better watch his back

Yes, and he used Dino and Valvano in the same sentence.

Dino suing Wellman for libel would be great stuff.

Yeah. It's discussed on the game thread. I think Bilas was caught off-guard by the idea that saying Bz was tasked with cleaning up Wake basketball was a direct shot at Dino.

I would love to see BSD do a summary article citing and refuting all the bullshit the department has slung in the past four years, essentially a rebuttal to all the crap we've heard disparaging the program pre-Bz. Would be a great primer for media types or anyone new to the situation.

Maybe his settlement with Wake prevented him from coaching for a number of years like it apparently prevented him from talking about what actually happened. I would imagine that if he interviewed for a coaching position that he would be asked about why he was fired at Wake. He couldn't answer that question without breaking the agreement. And by not coaching, he would get 2 paychecks. One from ESPN and one from Wake.

Maybe his settlement with Wake prevented him from coaching for a number of years like it apparently prevented him from talking about what actually happened. I would imagine that if he interviewed for a coaching position that he would be asked about why he was fired at Wake. He couldn't answer that question without breaking the agreement. And by not coaching, he would get 2 paychecks. One from ESPN and one from Wake.

This.

I can't imagine that after his experience of winning at a top level BCS program and still getting fired (in a job where those crazy expectations quite literally killed his friend and mentor), the first thing he wanted to do was turn down free money and jump right back into the fray. Good for Dino for letting a broken system work for him.

To all the culture warriors out there who believe Dino needed to go. What was your opinion on the incident with the football team that got several players suspended years ago? How is that any different than the Clark and Teague issue? Why didn't we fire the football coach?

Back