• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dip recipes

Pound of ground beef cooked and drained. Pound of pork sausage cooked and drained. Pound of bacon chopped/minced, cooked and drained. Pound of Velveeta, cubed.

Put all ingredients in a crock pot and turn on medium. Stir to combine frequently until Velveeta melts. Serve with Frito Scoops.
Are you trying make your heart explode today?

what is this cookbook, I would like to purchase it
You can find their stuff under Bad Manners. These are from the Bad Manners Official Cookbook, but I can also recommend their Fast as Fuck and Party Grub books.

Two disclaimers to throw out there. The first is that all of their stuff is vegan. For the type of food they generally have recipes for it really doesn't matter though. Everything I've made from their recipes has been great. I don't eat vegan, but know that some folks have very strong reactions against vegan food, so don't want to trick anyone into it if it's not their bag.

The second is that they rebranded to Bad Manners from Thug Kitchen during the summer of 2020 since they acknowledged that their initial branding was problematic. Their whole shtick is that vegan food doesn't have to be some super healthy thing that only uses raw ingredients or whatever, so their gimmick was an attempt to remove a lot of the pretentiousness from vegan food and they got called out pretty hard on the "Thug" branding. Do with this info what you will, but did want to mention it in case it's something you're not comfortable supporting. They are, and have been, consistently involved in a lot of social justice work.

On the whole though their content is really strong so it's worth checking out even if it's just the stuff they have posted for free on their website.

Pound of ground beef cooked and drained. Pound of pork sausage cooked and drained. Pound of bacon chopped/minced, cooked and drained. Pound of Velveeta, cubed.

Put all ingredients in a crock pot and turn on medium. Stir to combine frequently until Velveeta melts. Serve with Frito Scoops and a defibrillator.
fify

You can find their stuff under Bad Manners. These are from the Bad Manners Official Cookbook, but I can also recommend their Fast as Fuck and Party Grub books.

Two disclaimers to throw out there. The first is that all of their stuff is vegan. For the type of food they generally have recipes for it really doesn't matter though. Everything I've made from their recipes has been great. I don't eat vegan, but know that some folks have very strong reactions against vegan food, so don't want to trick anyone into it if it's not their bag.

The second is that they rebranded to Bad Manners from Thug Kitchen during the summer of 2020 since they acknowledged that their initial branding was problematic. Their whole shtick is that vegan food doesn't have to be some super healthy thing that only uses raw ingredients or whatever, so their gimmick was an attempt to remove a lot of the pretentiousness from vegan food and they got called out pretty hard on the "Thug" branding. Do with this info what you will, but did want to mention it in case it's something you're not comfortable supporting. They are, and have been, consistently involved in a lot of social justice work.

On the whole though their content is really strong so it's worth checking out even if it's just the stuff they have posted for free on their website.
Thanks just ordered a Thug Kitchen and a Vivian Howard for my wife for delivery before Xmas! Cheers

I don't eat Vegan, but I try to eat meat only 1 meal per day if I can help it and get as much plant-based protein as I can, and fiber. Learned in my 20s that to maintain my weight and also not get backed up I needed a lot more fiber and veggies than I was getting living on wings and burgers etc.

Put all ingredients in a crock pot and turn on medium. Stir to combine frequently until Velveeta melts. Serve with Frito Scoops.

My MIL made this sans the bacon on Saturday. Seeing the cheese congeal when it’s put in the refrigerator makes this a hard pass for me.

I got a heart attack reading this post. Also dayum that sounds good

it's probably good but feels like it needs something to offset the fattiness of the meat/cheese...like a can of Rotel or pickled jalapenos or something
Just make it on a bed of iceberg lettuce.

Melt a block of cream cheese in a bowl in the microwave for like 2 minutes. Dump a jar of chunky salsa on it, mix it up, and pour shredded cheddar / jack cheese on top. Can't beat it.

Similarly: block of cream cheese + can of rotel + pound of sausage. H/T @WakeBDer

This is all I can think of re dip.

View attachment 2288

The only thing I can think of:

q7ht4lhkvhu71.jpg

Made a half assed bean dip this weekend - layer 1: two cans refried beans mixed with taco seasoning, layer 2: smashed avocados, layer 3: sour cream, layer 4: shredded cheese and green onions.

Sometimes you wanna make a great dip that will blow people away and sometimes you have to throw something together that little kids at a party will like so they eat more than cookies

pretty sure that's thug kitchen
Yeah, it's Thug Kitchen. It's an awesome cookbook, but be aware that it's all vegan (or at the very least vegetarian). Everything I've made from it has been incredible though. There are lots of great recipes if you're dieting or just trying to cut out some meat.

Back