• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks FSU Debacle

Accurate post up until the last paragraph before the summary. I'm not sure how anyone can draw conclusions either way from the Ari and JTT situations. Ari looked promising his freshman year, JTT was highly ranked coming out of high school and had very obvious physical abilities and basketball skills. Neither of them ever fulfilled that promise.

Their off the court issues began in earnest once [Redacted] showed up. You could claim coincidence or causation or anything in between.

Their subsequent history is equally inconclusive. As your point about Howard and Skip illustrates a relationship with a coach can change everything. This can just as easily go the other way. One could say it is inevitable that two teenagers who are troubled off the court and forced to change schools twice (or sit out for a year) will fail to live up to their potential. On the flip side one could say that if they were truly that talented they would have figured it out.

I agree it's all subjective, who really knows and no way to actually know. The irony of the Ari/JTT deal is that Ari clearly checked out early in the season on Bzz, while JTT may be one of the only observable example of Bzz 'coaching up' a player. By the end of the season he had gone from 'start shooting once you get over half court' to working within our offense (whatever that was). IIRC, Buzz ran the last play to win the Miami game for JTT.

Maybe JTT would have had a decent career if he had gone almost anywhere else than USC. I think the real damning thing with JTT was how USC was talking him up (or the press was) on making the most of his senior season, then literally two weeks later he's off the team for academics. When he was an 18 year old freshman, we can make excuses for that type of thing, but when you are a senior with your last shot to make an impact in your college career, it just points to some fundamental flaw. IMO if he had made it through his senior season then you can legitimately blame Bzz, O'Neil and whoever else coached him as being inadequate, at some point the person has to take personal responsibility for some of the issues.

More from Bz!!!

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 6m
[Redacted], citing the NBA experience on his staff, says Wake coaches just shook their heads watching Parker and love his pro potential

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 5m
[Redacted], talking about team's adversity, also said Wake's best is yet to come.

Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 4m
Quote without context of the day from Wake Forest HC Jeff [Redacted] on #Duke frosh Jabari Parker: "He’s thicker than what people think."

TROLL, TROLL, TROLL YOUR BOAT

More from Bz!!!

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 6m
[Redacted], citing the NBA experience on his staff, says Wake coaches just shook their heads watching Parker and love his pro potential

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 5m
[Redacted], talking about team's adversity, also said Wake's best is yet to come shortly after his dismissal.:thumbsup:

Brian Hamilton ‏@BrianHamiltonSI 4m
Quote without context of the day from Wake Forest HC Jeff [Redacted] on #Duke frosh Jabari Parker: "He’s thicker than what people think."

TROLL, TROLL, TROLL YOUR BOAT

FIFY

Sounds like Bz is ready to return to the NBA. They are welcome to him. Never saw any evidence that he was a basketball mastermind at all. Seems like he combined being dorky with being a jerk. Unusual but not valuable.

Just because we had fans dumb enough to call Howard a team cancer doesn't mean he was.

I have been pleading for the booing of Buzz when he is announced at home games...for 3 years. Please start that asap as I am 13 hours away.

I could be wrong, but it really seems to me that apathy has taken a toll on our fan base. I sense excitement and anticipation that the [Redacted] era may finally be coming to an end. Unfortunately, I don't have that same excitement and anticipation. While our team is in free fall, what evidence, if any, do we have that Mr. Wellman is actually feeling the heat and may actually make a change at the head coach spot? This team could still qualify for the NIT. Even if we get an un-vitation to the NIT, it just doesn't seem to me that Mr. Wellman is uncomfortable. Early in the [Redacted] era we had fans literally screaming at home games in protest of the situation; Mr. Wellman was holding fireside post game chats and fielding questions about the direction of the program; we had the Winter of discontent; and we saw a media blitz that was effective though often criticized. Now, I only sense waiting and anticipation by our fans that Mr. Wellman will do the right thing and make a move after the season. I wish I could be more optimistic but I simply don't trust Wellman when it comes to [Redacted] and our basketball program. It just doesn't seem that either Wellman and/or [Redacted] are very uncomfortable. Unless I missing something, I am unaware of even the simplest form of fan protest this season (like booing [Redacted] when he is introduced as our head coach at home games). I do support the team and our student athletes so I find it difficult to root against them. It's unfortunate that D. Thomas and CMM appear to have circled the wagons around [Redacted] (Wellman's final human shields for [Redacted]). Wellman made a big move at the end of football season. However, unless he is made to be uncomfortable, I fear that Mr. Wellman will be too preoccupied with the NCAA Tournament to make any changes in our basketball program. Wellman probably figures he can sneak one more year by and finish paying [Redacted] for the job he was hired to do. Similarly, [Redacted] is spineless. Is he really just going to walk away from another $1M+ next year if he has the protection of Wellman? Unless Nina demands that he resign, I just don't see [Redacted] giving up on that payday. All that being said - I hope Wellman and [Redacted] are made to feel very uncomfortable during the next 3/4 weeks and I hope the rest of you will do you whatever you can to ensure that our nightmare ends sooner rather than later.

Think about Wellman (NCAAT Committee Chair) and Hatch (NCAA D1 Board of Directors Chair) having to sit through any and all discussions of the NCAA Tournament and the only time Wake gets mentioned is when the likes of UNC or NC State have to list their "bad" losses. That's it. No other context for Wake to come up.

Incidentally, a young coach who was brought into coaching by [Redacted] and was an assistant at Air Force, Derrick Clark, is 79-18 in his four years at Metro State in Denver. That record includes 32-3 last season and 21-1 this year. Yeah, it's Metro State and I don't even recall what conference that is, but a coach that is about 20-years your junior and has utterly eclipsed any record you've ever posted has to burn. Right??

You know who I'm starting to really hate? Brett Friedlander, who writes some blog for the StarNewsOnline (almost ESPN, guy!).

It seems like this assclown has gone from BzIn to BzOut, but can't admit that early BzOuters knew what they were talking about when they wanted to can Bz a long time ago. He's just recently written:

Buzzed out: Whatever hopes Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted] still had of saving his job went out the window Saturday when his bolted out to an early 16-point lead, squandered most of it by halftime and lost 67-60 at home to Florida State. The loss was the fifth straight for the Deacons, who haven’t won since topping last year’s win total with their 14th victory back on Jan. 25.

You are so good at your job, man! Yeah, I'm sure it was Saturday that really did Bz in. Every BzOuter before Saturday was just wrong.

Funny thing is - he's now doing the whole moral highground bit, where he acknowledges Bz must go, but thinks we're lunatics for drawing attention to his abysmal record.

Guess what, man? When you're right for four years and everyone tells you that you're wrong, you get a little creative. By the way, if you want to be taken seriously (hard to take the sports blogger for the StarNewsOnline serious), you shouldn't admit you're trolling fans by saying dumb shit just to say dumb shit. Just retire already.

Think about Wellman (NCAAT Committee Chair) and Hatch (NCAA D1 Board of Directors Chair) having to sit through any and all discussions of the NCAA Tournament and the only time Wake gets mentioned is when the likes of UNC or NC State have to list their "bad" losses. That's it. No other context for Wake to come up.

Incidentally, a young coach who was brought into coaching by [Redacted] and was an assistant at Air Force, Derrick Clark, is 79-18 in his four years at Metro State in Denver. That record includes 32-3 last season and 21-1 this year. Yeah, it's Metro State and I don't even recall what conference that is, but a coach that is about 20-years your junior and has utterly eclipsed any record you've ever posted has to burn. Right??

Also Scott Brooks got his first NBA coaching job with Jeff [Redacted].

Sounds like Bz is ready to return to the NBA. They are welcome to him. Never saw any evidence that he was a basketball mastermind at all. Seems like he combined being dorky with being a jerk. Unusual but not valuable.

Nuggets fans seem oddly positive on Bz's first year (17-65) and seem to honestly think that it signified progress. Whether it actually was or they were just comparing him to the shitshow that was Dan Issel is unclear (at least Bz never called a fan a "Mexican piece of shit"). Maybe he'd offer something in a situation where he can correct talent scouting errors as they become apparent (ie not college). Wasn't he rumored for the T-Wolves job before coming here?

Nuggets fans seem oddly positive on Bz's first year (17-65) and seem to honestly think that it signified progress. Whether it actually was or they were just comparing him to the shitshow that was Dan Issel is unclear (at least Bz never called a fan a "Mexican piece of shit"). Maybe he'd offer something in a situation where he can correct talent scouting errors as they become apparent (ie not college). Wasn't he rumored for the T-Wolves job before coming here?

By T-Wolves job if you mean as a scout I think I recall that. Could be wrong though. I'm sure he wasn't in the mix for the HC.

You know who I'm starting to really hate? Brett Friedlander, who writes some blog for the StarNewsOnline (almost ESPN, guy!).

It seems like this assclown has gone from BzIn to BzOut, but can't admit that early BzOuters knew what they were talking about when they wanted to can Bz a long time ago. He's just recently written:

Buzzed out: Whatever hopes Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted] still had of saving his job went out the window Saturday when his bolted out to an early 16-point lead, squandered most of it by halftime and lost 67-60 at home to Florida State. The loss was the fifth straight for the Deacons, who haven’t won since topping last year’s win total with their 14th victory back on Jan. 25.

You are so good at your job, man! Yeah, I'm sure it was Saturday that really did Bz in. Every BzOuter before Saturday was just wrong.

Funny thing is - he's now doing the whole moral highground bit, where he acknowledges Bz must go, but thinks we're lunatics for drawing attention to his abysmal record.

Guess what, man? When you're right for four years and everyone tells you that you're wrong, you get a little creative. By the way, if you want to be taken seriously (hard to take the sports blogger for the StarNewsOnline serious), you shouldn't admit you're trolling fans by saying dumb shit just to say dumb shit. Just retire already.

Yeah that guy is a massive chode.

can they all transfer?

Received this rep for this post:

02-17-2014 08:18 PM
Thread: Disco Dan Talks FSU Debacle
lol... i feel the same way. i don't know why anyone is scared of any of these losers tranferring or coaches leaving wake forest

Back