• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks FSU Debacle

[Redacted]'s reference to strapping anything on is disturbing on a new level.

"I can honestly say yes,'' Miller-McIntyre said. "It's our sophomore year. Our sophomore year is almost over and what do we have to show for it? Our freshman year is understandable. But now we know right from wrong.
"What fans and critics get confused about is blaming a coach. And a coach can't get on the court and make good passes for you. A coach can't rebound for you. I think it's rare that we've ever gotten out-coached. But it's a lot of games that we did get outplayed and tonight was one of them.''

No wonder Bz says to "ask them."

CMM parroting Buzz's pathetic argument for why he's blameless is really sad.

Meh, I agree with Codi to some extent. The players around him are simply not good enough. And that blame obviously falls on Buzz.

So many good friends of mine have stuck with the program through these dark days without questioning Bzz or Ron. I know they will give Ron a pass and post a "Go Deacs" when a new hire is made. I wish they would question how we came to this pass, but they won't. It's going to take years to rebuild the flagship program. Years. And if you go back to the days after Skip died it really didn't have to play out this way. I have a heavy heart about the program. I know it's just basketball but I love Wake Forest and when I watch us lose like we did tonight I makes me sick. What makes me sadder is I am not sure Ron Wellman is going to swallow his pride and do the right thing for Wake Forest. If he doesn't he should be fired.

We don't need no water let the MOTHER FUCKER BURN

Burn, mother fucker. Burn.

Those same fans will embrace whatever Wellman tells them.

What kills me about those fans is they love it when a Skip or Clawson comes in and challenges the status quo, but love to fall back on LOWF when the coach starts to slip.

Meh, I agree with Codi to some extent. The players around him are simply not good enough. And that blame obviously falls on Buzz.

It's not just that they're bad though. There's a lack of communication and cohesion, and frankly offensive sets, that fall squarely on Bzzz

So many good friends of mine have stuck with the program through these dark days without questioning Bzz or Ron. I know they will give Ron a pass and post a "Go Deacs" when a new hire is made. I wish they would question how we came to this pass, but they won't. It's going to take years to rebuild the flagship program. Years. And if you go back to the days after Skip died it really didn't have to play out this way. I have a heavy heart about the program. I know it's just basketball but I love Wake Forest and when I watch us lose like we did tonight I makes me sick. What makes me sadder is I am not sure Ron Wellman is going to swallow his pride and do the right thing for Wake Forest. If he doesn't he should be fired.

This is the same dumbass athletic director who let an incompetent OC wag the dog for six years and burn that program to the ground. You honestly think this idiot is suddenly going to "get smart" and do the right thing in basketball?

The Clawson hire was forced on Ron by big donors. People who think that fool made the hire on his own are really uninformed. Richard Budd basically filed the damn flight plan himself and told the moron to fly to Bowling Green and put some gas in the plane when he got home.

So, let's only hope the big donors go find a basketball mind that this idiot can name as next head coach in front of the cameras.

Don't expect miracles and certainly don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Any poor coach can point to the players. Great coaches look at themselves. This is not about twenty year old kids anymore. It never was. A mistake was made. It's time to correct it.

This is the same dumbass athletic director who let an incompetent OC wag the dog for six years and burn that program to the ground. You honestly think this idiot is suddenly going to "get smart" and do the right thing in basketball?

The Clawson hire was forced on Ron by big donors. People who think that fool made the hire on his own are really uninformed. Richard Budd basically filed the damn flight plan himself and told the moron to fly to Bowling Green and put some gas in the plane when he got home.

So, let's only hope the big donors go find a basketball mind that this idiot can name as next head coach in front of the cameras.

Don't expect miracles and certainly don't hold your breath.

For the moment I'm going to consider that the donors are finally going to come to Jesus. It's just a hope.

It's not just that they're bad though. There's a lack of communication and cohesion, and frankly offensive sets, that fall squarely on Bzzz
Oh, no doubt. That's what I meant by "to some extent." His X's and O's suck, his recruiting sucks, his in-game adjustments suck, everything about him just sucks. Ranking the different aspects of his suckiness is just pointless.

I have never in my life seen a coach who refuses to take blame under any circumstance. Glad we at least have good kids like CMM who will give us a chance when the clown is finally gone.

Amen......

Back