• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks FSU Debacle

I love how Dans bandwagon jump has flown under the radar. This same guy was pointing at the "tremendous leaps Wake basketball has made" over the past year.

By the way, the two players that aren't here next year scored over half of our points last night. #Foundation

Once Bz & Wellman have departed and I hope it is soon...The last four years may forever be known as the "Dark Ages of WFU Basketball"

So this has nothing to do with last nights game but espn radio just announced that Pat Knight has been relieved of his duties at Lamar. I wonder if BKF would prefer him coaching our team instead of Bzzzzz?

What makes me sadder is I am not sure Ron Wellman is going to swallow his pride and do the right thing for Wake Forest
This has never been about Wellman's pride. He asked Bz to do something with the program (part 1) and then expected Bz to win at a Stevens-like level once he got a team of his players (part 2). Bz did what Wellman asked so in Wellman's mind, Bz was successful at part 1. And I don't give a rats ass about what he asked Bz to do and it really doesn't matter, it was asked and Bz was given slack to do it and he did whatever it was. But Bz is now not winning and has failed at part 2 so he's gone.

Bz was going to get his chance and that was how it was going to play out from the beginning. Wellman was not going to go back on his word. The onus was on Bz to succeed with his kids, not Wellman. It's now a VERY easy decision to make and we move on. Maybe after he's gone and all the hate fades away, more people will realize it.

what the fuck are you talking about? You are a complete idiot and I dont care about notions of board tact. If that was his plan then Wellman should be fired with Buzz. "Hey Buzzy Boy, your track record is ass but here is a 4 year leash to be terrible in the name of 'culture' and 'rebuilding' but if you then suck longer than 4 years (which everyone expects) I will fire you". Maybe he should have hired a coach that wasn't going to inevitably fail from the outset you shmuck.

Or he is sick and tired of covering Buzz since Buzz condescendingly treats him like West Virginia trash.

I am close to being convinced that Dan's last two articles are our first indications that Bz is, indeed, on his way out. The fact that Dan has been in "attack" mode makes me think that he has been told directly or indirectly by someone with firsthand knowledge of the situation that it is okay to let the gloves come off. If Wellman has decided to terminate Bz, then it seems that it would be in his best interest to let the local media begin to tear down Bz to cause any few, remaining pro-Bzers to stand down.

I rarely say anything negative about Dan because he really is in a very difficult situation. Biting the hand that feeds you is a very quick career killer. Dan, in my mind, has been pretty clear for awhile that he isn't a Bz fan, but he has never been as vocal about the need for a coaching change as he is now. IMO, this newfound "courage" has more to do with inside information/indicators than it does with some sort of indifference towards media access. In other words, Dan isn't worried about burning bridges anymore because he will soon be dealing with a new coaching staff.

This has never been about Wellman's pride. He asked Bz to do something with the program (part 1) and then expected Bz to win at a Stevens-like level once he got a team of his players (part 2). Bz did what Wellman asked so in Wellman's mind, Bz was successful at part 1. And I don't give a rats ass about what he asked Bz to do and it really doesn't matter, it was asked and Bz was given slack to do it and he did whatever it was. But Bz is now not winning and has failed at part 2 so he's gone.

Bz was going to get his chance and that was how it was going to play out from the beginning. Wellman was not going to go back on his word. The onus was on Bz to succeed with his kids, not Wellman. It's now a VERY easy decision to make and we move on. Maybe after he's gone and all the hate fades away, more people will realize it.

what the fuck are you talking about? You are a complete idiot and I dont care about notions of board tact. If that was his plan then Wellman should be fired with Buzz. "Hey Buzzy Boy, your track record is ass but here is a 4 year leash to be terrible in the name of 'culture' and 'rebuilding' but if you then suck longer than 4 years (which everyone expects) I will fire you". Maybe he should have hired a coach that wasn't going to inevitably fail from the outset you shmuck.

^^^THIS^^^

OK so let me get this straight.....I'm the idiot for thinking that Wellman acted like a typical AD with a program he had issues with. He hired a coach in this case to make some changes, let the coaches make said changes, then gave the coach a chance to succeed with his kids, and will now sack the coach for failing. You're the smart guy who thinks what....that Wellman just let the ship go down for no reason??? In my scenario you think Wellman should be fired immediately, but in yours I guess not?

FYI...I didn't really like the hire, was the first to point out the odd rebounding stats at Colorado, and was one of the first to jump on Wellman for being such an idiot with the transition (both the fire and hire). But once hired, the path was set....my friend.

OK so let me get this straight.....I'm the idiot for thinking that Wellman acted like a typical AD with a program he had issues with. He hired a coach in this case to make some changes, let the coaches make said changes, then gave the coach a chance to succeed with his kids, and will now sack the coach for failing. You're the smart guy who thinks what....that Wellman just let the ship go down for no reason??? In my scenario you think Wellman should be fired immediately, but in yours I guess not?

FYI...I didn't really like the hire, was the first to point out the odd rebounding stats at Colorado, and was one of the first to jump on Wellman for being such an idiot with the transition (both the fire and hire). But once hired, the path was set....my friend.

Your narrative takes the blame off of Wellman for his complete fuck up. It's too nice.

Wellman thought Bz was a winning coach. Simple explanation. And he was dead wrong.

Yes. You are and will always be. You bought into a narrative that was stupid beyond anybody's comprehension. That's not your fault, per se, but pushing it as you have pushed it is.

There will be a new hire and I have no doubt that you'll bounce back in no time from this body shot to your board posting ego to tell us how we're all bad fans again.

CMM parroting Buzz's pathetic argument for why he's blameless is really sad.

Our players are the girlfriend in an emotionally abusive relationship. They've been told they are worthless by Buzz so many times that they now believe it themselves

For year #4???

Read RW's comments about the "3 year patterns" that needed to be addressed with Gaudio.

I can see your point if RW was supporting Bz after year 2, but in year 4.... you're a fool. This falls directly on RW's shoulders.

This culture BS has been thoroughly debunked on this board at least 100 times. And I don't mean by broad over sweeping statements, I mean debunked with finite details, going through every single player under scholarship through Dino's Year transitioning to BZZ. Can someone find that and repost it in its own thread so we don't have to entertain misinformation anymore?

FYI, lets play fairytale for a moment and believe that Bz's directive was to change Culture here. Well guess what, he failed at that too. Players are still having academic troubles and players are still getting into trouble. HE HAS NOT ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING HERE.

The best detail to debunk this "culture" myth is the fact that Tony Woods left after being given an ultimatum to sit out a year and then come back after. He himself chose to leave, he was not kicked off by [Redacted].

Back