• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks FSU Debacle

I would agree with CMM if everything I have witnessed over the past 3 1/2 years didn't indicate otherwise. We have been outcoached. Last night alone we fell behind (AGAIN) immediately after halftime, and then down towards the end of the game in a tied game, LH called a timeout and then they reeled off 8 straight points against us in crunch time.

One example of this doesn't make it outcoaching, but when it happens almost every single game, I think that is more than enough to indicate that it is coaching that is dooming us (along with lack of talent, effort and hustle by the team).

"It's a man's league,'' [Redacted] said. "Nobody's going to feel sorry for you. You've got to pick yourself up, strap it on and keep battling. The only way you're going to change is . . . change. We've got to defend better, rebound better.

"We had our hand on some balls around the rim and they just simply took it from us. So we've got to become stronger and tougher for all 40 minutes. But like I said, it's part of life. You're not always going to get what you want and you're going to have to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and battle back.''

bz talking about strap-ons and diddling ballz...the dude has finally lost it.

Some fans have a hard time thinking objectively about the program. It is easy to see our roster is limited and if Coron Williams hadn't fallen in our laps we would be in last place. Next year we have a real void in 3pt shooting that will have to be addressed. Hopefully, by a new coach that commands immediate respect on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:
Will one of you photoshop gurus PLEASE put a big strap on Bz in this pic. Calling VTwhat

http://accbasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jeff-[Redacted].jpg

It's Sunday morning and no bitching about Dan's column. Guess he gave someone a kiss goodnight after picking up the tab at dinner.

It's Sunday morning and no bitching about Dan's column. Guess he gave someone a kiss goodnight after picking up the tab at dinner.

Besides similar appetites, it's unclear to me what you and Dan have in common; but you are certainly his loyal champion.

Re: Devin -- “I also know as time goes on people scout one another and it becomes harder for everybody to score — everybody,” [Redacted] noted. “He needs to expand his game in a way that he’ll be able to have some counter moves in there when people take away."

I guess this is why TJ Warren and Ian Miller performed so below their season averages versus us.

Last edited:
Besides similar appetites, it's unclear to me what you and Dan have in common; but you are certainly his loyal champion.

Not sure I can speak to Dan's appetites (nor you to mine) but it's just an observation on the bitter pissiness that many have thanks to [Redacted]. At this point in the frothy-mouthed, keyboard pounding, some here would bitch about someone telling them it's a quarter after 11 instead of saying "11:15." Kill the messenger and whatnot. What do you care anyway- shouldn't you be leading the fight against hair loss, mass-produced pizza, and adam's apples?

"The only way you're going to change is . . . change. We've got to defend better, rebound better."

Left off: coach better, recruit better. Exponentially coach better, recruit better.

Bzzy makes Bob Staak look like John Wooden. Never, ever thought that would be possible but here we are. There is no way this can go on another year. No *(*(*7* way.

This might be over the top, but I don't give a shit anymore. If it's not the coach, it's the kids...recruited by the coach. If you want to take the blame for another lost season, that's fine. But understand you're basically saying the coach brought us in here and we aren't good enough to win in the ACC. Either way, Bz has to go. He either can't coach or he can't recruit players who can compete in the ACC...or both. Players need to know when they say it's not the coach that everyone will just infer that you aren't talented enough to win.

"The upshot is that Jeff [Redacted] wears the look of a man coaching his final handful of games at Wake"

"The upshot is that Jeff [Redacted] wears the look of a man coaching his final handful of games at Wake"

I wonder when Nina will make the final call on this whole mess?

I keyed in on that as well.
Said in another thread - Dan's column after our inevitable Wed afternoon ACCT embarrassment is going to be legendary.

I am close to being convinced that Dan's last two articles are our first indications that Bz is, indeed, on his way out. The fact that Dan has been in "attack" mode makes me think that he has been told directly or indirectly by someone with firsthand knowledge of the situation that it is okay to let the gloves come off. If Wellman has decided to terminate Bz, then it seems that it would be in his best interest to let the local media begin to tear down Bz to cause any few, remaining pro-Bzers to stand down.

I rarely say anything negative about Dan because he really is in a very difficult situation. Biting the hand that feeds you is a very quick career killer. Dan, in my mind, has been pretty clear for awhile that he isn't a Bz fan, but he has never been as vocal about the need for a coaching change as he is now. IMO, this newfound "courage" has more to do with inside information/indicators than it does with some sort of indifference towards media access. In other words, Dan isn't worried about burning bridges anymore because he will soon be dealing with a new coaching staff.

[Redacted]'s reference to strapping anything on is disturbing on a new level.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.278577.1392530303!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_445/[Redacted].jpg

jeff_bzdelik.jpg

Sorry guys.

I would agree with CMM if everything I have witnessed over the past 3 1/2 years didn't indicate otherwise. We have been outcoached. Last night alone we fell behind (AGAIN) immediately after halftime, and then down towards the end of the game in a tied game, LH called a timeout and then they reeled off 8 straight points against us in crunch time.

One example of this doesn't make it outcoaching, but when it happens almost every single game, I think that is more than enough to indicate that it is coaching that is dooming us (along with lack of talent, effort and hustle by the team).

having Andre, Tree and Madison Jones in the game at the same time during a tied game with about 3:00 left was awful.

Back