• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Think I heard WF had about 30,000 fans in Charlotte in 2007. What kind of numbers are we thinking this time?

Think I heard WF had about 30,000 fans in Charlotte in 2007. What kind of numbers are we thinking this time?
Pretty much everyone that I know went to the 07 game are going again, plus at least 10-15 more that didn't. Small sample size, but I think we'll have a good crowd.

What would defeating A&M do for the national image of Wake football? I assume that it would be more impressive than beating Temple.

What would defeating A&M do for the national image of Wake football? I assume that it would be more impressive than beating Temple.

It can't hurt. The exposure on TV is the thing. We're the only game on for 2 hours. I sat with A&M fans at the Liberty bowl a few years back, and had a good time. I don't know how motivated their team or fans will be. Start fast and send them to the exits.

Don't think it'll do a ton, but every little bit helps

I was also going to add, for those willing to venture outside of uptown a bit, here are some great places to check out as well:
Plaza Midwood Neighborhood (Central Avenue):
Soul Gastrolounge - Tiny and gets super busy but if you can get in, incredible food
Midwood Smokehouse - Pretty good BBQ options, including decent brisket
Zada Janes - Good breakfast/brunch spot
Resident Culture Brewing - New in the neighborhood. Head brewer is a Wake guy
The Diamond - Diner. Guys that used to run the Penguin now run the Diamond
Legion Brewing - Across from the Diamond, pretty cool little brewery with some food options
Peculiar Rabbit - Restaurant/Bar, has three floors, Roof has a good view of uptown
The Hop Shop - On Lavar Avenue off Central. Cool little beer shop with bar and games
Pint Central - Across from the Thirsty Beaver. Decent small plates usually. Good beer selection
The Thirsty Beaver - Legend. bar that refused to sell out. Now they are literally building an apartment building around the bar.
Three Amigos - Great Mexican place, but tiny inside. May not be worth the fight on a weekend.
Catawba Brewing - Technically this is in the Belmont Neighborhood, but it's close enough to Midwood. It's Catawba. You probably know it and either like it or don't. Great space and I actually like a lot of their beers.

NoDa area (North Davidson outside of uptown)
Crepe Cellar - Good spot, especially for dessert
Haberdish - I haven't been here yet but hear good things
Cabo Fish Taco - Everyone loves it. I like it but think it's overrated based on others thoughts
Jack Beagle's - One of my favorite dive bars. good bar food too, especially mac n cheese
Growler's Pub - Nothing special but a decent place to hang
Davidson Public House - Always has decent food and a good beer selection but I always think it feels like it would be more at home in Dilworth than in NoDa
Boudreuax's - Good cajun place. Bloody Mary bar at brunch.
Dog Bar - Had to throw this one in there cause, you know, dogs...
Salud - Another cool beer shop. has a deli next door and another space above it. Usually some cool stuff on tap there.
Noda Bodega - up 36th street. My favorite place in town to grab a sandwich to go. Space to eat there and they usually have 4-6 beers on tap too.
NoDa Brewing - Their new space off Tryon is really nice
Birdsong Brewing - Moved closer to uptown, right up North Davidson. Also worth a trip if you have time
Abari Game Bar - Exactly what it sounds like. Arcade games and a bar. Requires a one dollar membership

I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff...

Good NoDa list but Boudreaux’s is awful on every level.

Delete that and add Company Store and Cabo Fish Taco.

The Salud owners are cool.

I was also going to add, for those willing to venture outside of uptown a bit, here are some great places to check out as well:
Soul Gastrolounge - Tiny and gets super busy but if you can get in, incredible food
Legion Brewing - Across from the Diamond, pretty cool little brewery with some food options
Peculiar Rabbit - Restaurant/Bar, has three floors, Roof has a good view of uptown
The Hop Shop - On Lavar Avenue off Central. Cool little beer shop with bar and games
Pint Central - Across from the Thirsty Beaver. Decent small plates usually. Good beer selection
The Thirsty Beaver - Legend. bar that refused to sell out. Now they are literally building an apartment building around the bar.
Three Amigos - Great Mexican place, but tiny inside. May not be worth the fight on a weekend.
Catawba Brewing - Technically this is in the Belmont Neighborhood, but it's close enough to Midwood. It's Catawba. You probably know it and either like it or don't. Great space and I actually like a lot of their beers.

Cabo Fish Taco - Everyone loves it. I like it but think it's overrated based on others thoughts
Jack Beagle's - One of my favorite dive bars. good bar food too, especially mac n cheese
Davidson Public House - Always has decent food and a good beer selection but I always think it feels like it would be more at home in Dilworth than in NoDa
Salud - Another cool beer shop. has a deli next door and another space above it. Usually some cool stuff on tap there.
Noda Bodega - up 36th street. My favorite place in town to grab a sandwich to go. Space to eat there and they usually have 4-6 beers on tap too.
Birdsong Brewing - Moved closer to uptown, right up North Davidson. Also worth a trip if you have time
Abari Game Bar - Exactly what it sounds like. Arcade games and a bar. Requires a one dollar membership

Bold Missy's beers are excellent. North end of NODA.

Resident Culture is awesome. Cool atmosphere and beers ain't bad either. If you're with a big group there is plenty of room to spread out.

They have food trucks too.

Good NoDa list but Boudreaux’s is awful on every level.

Delete that and add Company Store and Cabo Fish Taco.

The Salud owners are cool.

Company Store is awesome. I like Boudreaux's and do not really like Cabo, even though I put it on there. Just me though. Everyone else adores Cabo.

Bold Missy's beers are excellent. North end of NODA.

YES! Bold Missy is great. I should have remembered to add them.

Resident Culture is awesome. Cool atmosphere and beers ain't bad either. If you're with a big group there is plenty of room to spread out.

They have food trucks too.

Agreed. Resident Culture has a great space. Hard to park right at the brewery sometimes but they have overflow parking just past the brewery on Central Ave.

Have people gotten their seat assignments yet through the deacon club process?

Back