• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Forty bucks a person for the official tailgate seems a little steep, but maybe I'm just old...

The price is kind of what I was expecting but still pretty steep. If the stadium wasn’t located in Uptown I’d think about it, but since there are a bunch of bars in walking distance and you can drink in the blocked off streets around the stadium it’s a tough sell.

Not coming with kids, but my thoughts were that some of the relative high price is because you also get two drinks, so basically if you've got a teen they're subsidizing everyone else's booze, because the cutoff for the kids age is 12.

Not coming with kids, but my thoughts were that some of the relative high price is because you also get two drinks, so basically if you've got a teen they're subsidizing everyone else's booze, because the cutoff for the kids age is 12.

I think the high price has to do with renting out the baseball stadium and the two drinks are a throw in.

Good for John!

I also found this interesting:

“DOLLAR GENERAL BOWL: APPALACHIAN STATE G COLBY GOSSETT

For the first time in Sun Belt history, three offensive linemen from the same school made first-team all-conference, a credit to the Mountaineers’ stunning total of just eight sacks allowed this season, second in the nation only to Army. Gossett cracked the first-team for the second consecutive year, and he and his linemates are App State QB Taylor Lamb’s best chance to go score-for-score with senior Toledo QB Logan Woodside. — ES”

Good for John!

For the first time in Sun Belt history, three offensive linemen from the same school made first-team all-conference, a credit to the Mountaineers’ stunning total of just eight sacks allowed this season, second in the nation only to Army. Gossett cracked the first-team for the second consecutive year, and he and his linemates are App State QB Taylor Lamb’s best chance to go score-for-score with senior Toledo QB Logan Woodside. — ES”

The things you find interesting are well...interesting.

Anybody know anything about Graham St. Pub & Patio? Trying to find a place near the stadium to post up for eats and drinks just prior to the game.

Anybody know anything about Graham St. Pub & Patio? Trying to find a place near the stadium to post up for eats and drinks just prior to the game.

Draught is has pretty solid food, tons of beers, and is right next to the stadium. Probably a good spot for you.

Good for John!

I'm a stats nerd, so naturally I went "next level' to see that APP gave up 8 sacks in 339 attempts for a rate of 2.4%, and Army 1 sack in 61 attempts for 1.6%. Even more impressive for APP is that Lamb is more of a a drop back/pocket QB, and at roughly 5'10" I'm guessing most of Bradshaw's 61 attempts were of the rollout variety.

How could Army have allowed that sack? Inexcusable.

Dude at ticket office said I'd have my seat assignments by today. Dude has 3 hours and 10 minutes left before he becomes a bald-face liar.

USA Today: 5 out of 6 sports staff picking wake. https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-staff-picks-bowl-games-rose-sugar/944997001/
636487883006059428-2017-12-14-bowl-picks.jpg

Back