• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

2. Belk Bowl: Wake Forest 55, Texas A&M 52 -- This game had been destined to be No. 1 for a couple of days before the Rose Bowl kicked off. What's there to say? There were 107 points scored and 1,260 yards of offense. This was the summer blockbuster movie of the bowl season. All that was missing was a fight scene between The Rock and Jason Statham and a few explosions. It was great. Can't wait for the sequel. (29)

Word. Wouldn't mind using this as a reason to get a H&H with A&M.

LOL.

Christian Kirk declares for the draft. Mel Kiper has him as #4 wide receiver. Pretty darn good.

Speaking of outstanding receivers, I remember the ACC championship game in 2006. We did a pretty good job on Calvin Johnson. Riley Swanson in particular.

Best use of the college PI rule I’ve ever seen.

Christian Kirk declares for the draft. Mel Kiper has him as #4 wide receiver. Pretty darn good.

That guy made me a fan of his. Tons of respect for him not only playing instead of sitting it out “to prepare for NFLdraft,” but came back in after getting banged up. Some may question whether that was the smart move, but l love a guy that is that dedicated to his team.

Christian Kirk is going to be a star on Sundays. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bills package one of their 1s with another pick to try to get him, but he'll be long gone

Speaking of outstanding receivers, I remember the ACC championship game in 2006. We did a pretty good job on Calvin Johnson. Riley Swanson in particular.

Reggie Ball was most effective in shutting him down

Riley Swanson and Calvin Johnson went to the same high school. Knew eachother well. That might have been Riley's best game in college.

Folks always give Chip Vaughn credit for winning the Duke game in 2006 due to the FG block. But I always remember Riley's touchdown saving tackle (not his man) on the play before.

That guy made me a fan of his. Tons of respect for him not only playing instead of sitting it out “to prepare for NFLdraft,” but came back in after getting banged up. Some may question whether that was the smart move, but l love a guy that is that dedicated to his team.

Well said...totally agree

What hurt GT more than anything in that game as I recall was getting away from handing the ball off to Tashard Choice in the second half.

No doubt that Reggie Ball struggled, but that 2006 WF defense was stacked. IIRC, 10 of the 11 starters were either drafted or signed NFL FA contracts. You had a stud like Chip Vaughn as your nickel DB. Fun to imagine that defense with the 2017 offense.

Johnson did have over 100 yards receiving against Wake in the ACC Championship game.

Back