• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney vacation - meal plan questions

we didn't think Marrakesh was that good when we went. Just kinda bland and overpriced.

We are thinking about going in January.

We usually go every year and always get the meal plan when we stay on disney property. We eat all of our meals at sit down resturants. If you are going to grab a hot dog and go than it may not be worth it but if you eat three meals a day at the sit downs you save a lot of money. You just have to understand that getting a hot dog and a drink at the American experience or getting the buffet at Germany counts the same. Also understand that getting a salad for your meal counts the same as ordering the steak and lobster.

I went with my chick and no kids, and agree that the meal plan is not needed. Also agree to make dinner reservations now. There's also a good official app you can download and use in the park for restaurants, characters, fastpass info, etc.

I always love the theme restaurants at Disney, like the Drive In and Mom's Diner at the Studios. Sure the food isn't 4 stars but its just a neat experience.

Sci-Fi Drive In is a fun experience, and they have good milkshakes. The portions sizes there are somehow even larger than anywhere else in the parks, which is really saying something. But the movie reel loops after about 45 minutes, so if they are busy, you end up seeing the same things over again.

I've never done the SciFi drive in but 50s Prime Time Cafe is always fun for me.

I have an Orlando timeshare just 10 minutes from Disney's "westgate."

We usually go every other summer with my now 20 year old son, a WF Junior, and we still find the Hollywood Studios park to be our favorite for food and attractions. Plus, we're Star Wars geeks!

I have an Orlando timeshare just 10 minutes from Disney's "westgate."

We usually go every other summer with my now 20 year old son, a WF Junior, and we still find the Hollywood Studios park to be our favorite for food and attractions. Plus, we're Star Wars geeks!

Yeah, the Star Tours ride is fantastic. My wife doesn't like Star Wars at all, but she and my daughter loved that ride. The Aerosmith Rock n Roller coaster at Hollywood Studios is pretty great also.

Islands of Adventure blows all the Disney parks out of the water.

Disagree. Islands is fun but can be done in a day (haven't been since HP though so maybe HP is just that amazing). When we go we're going to do a day at Islands and then 1 million days at Disney.

Disagree. Islands is fun but can be done in a day (haven't been since HP though so maybe HP is just that amazing). When we go we're going to do a day at Islands and then 1 million days at Disney.

I can promise you that HP is just that amazing. Thematically, it is as good as anything Disney does. The rides are monumentally better than Disney.

I really like Disney, but I love roller coasters. Disney doesn't have roller coasters.

Another great restaurant in EPCOT is La Hacienda de San Angel. This is more traditional Mexican, not what you are going to get at your local mexican restaurant (which is more along the lines of what the San Angel Inn is in EPCOT).

One of my favorite (if not my favorite) in-park restaurant at Disney World - I tend to get one of the specials for that evening and have never been disappointed.

Personally, the wife and I truly enjoy going to Disney World. It really gives us a chance to be kids again. Nothing like walking around the Magic Kingdom with a vanilla ice cream cone and some rainbow sprinkles.

Went to Disney the last week in September. Got a free meal plan, so free was totally worth it.

I'm sure Moonz and them will make fun, but I'll ask anyway - if I'm going in the off-season, and people have gotten free meal plans before, how does one go about getting one? Have to book through a travel agent? Have to call Disney and book over the phone?

Back