• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney vacation - meal plan questions

Go through a travel agent. A podcast I follow promotes Mouse Fan Travel. I met the woman who runs it and she really knows her stuff.

A great site for regulars is touringplans.com. It's run by a guy from Greensboro. Breaks down the expected crowds and lines for each attraction. I swear by it when planning where to go.

I can promise you that HP is just that amazing. Thematically, it is as good as anything Disney does. The rides are monumentally better than Disney.

I really like Disney, but I love roller coasters. Disney doesn't have roller coasters.

I'm sure HP is going to be awesome but one awesomesauce thing, as much as I love HP, probably can't beat the whole of Disney for me. Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Soarin, drinking around the world in Epcot, and the like make it difficult for me to imagine liking Islands more. Disney is just so much bigger.

I'm sure Moonz and them will make fun, but I'll ask anyway - if I'm going in the off-season, and people have gotten free meal plans before, how does one go about getting one? Have to book through a travel agent? Have to call Disney and book over the phone?

I was going to ask the same. Going in Feb.

I'm sure HP is going to be awesome but one awesomesauce thing, as much as I love HP, probably can't beat the whole of Disney for me. Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Soarin, drinking around the world in Epcot, and the like make it difficult for me to imagine liking Islands more. Disney is just so much bigger.

I was going to ask the same. Going in Feb.

If you are considering all the parks together. That's not fair. If you want to pick one park to pit against IOA, I'll take that bet all day.

Islands of Adventure blows all the Disney parks out of the water.

If you are considering all the parks together. That's not fair. If you want to pick one park to pit against IOA, I'll take that bet all day.

I read your first statement as IoA>all of Disney. Yes, if I had to choose Islands of Adventures or going to ONLY one Disney park I'd feel differently. Thank baby Jesus I don't have to make that decision!

I meant any of the parks individually. If you give me both Universal Parks and all the Sea World attractions, I'll take on Disney collectively. Throw in Busch Gardens, and it's not close.

I've never been to Sea World but that definitely wouldn't do it for me. Busch Gardens maybe. There's really just something about the magic of Disney.

I've never been to Sea World but that definitely wouldn't do it for me. Busch Gardens maybe. There's really just something about the magic of Disney.

You will come away from HP with a sherection, and I will offer the magic of a giant F'n whale in that category.

From a pure ride attraction of central FL parks, Disney probably doesn't crack the top 15, and I LOVE Splash Mountain and Space Mountain.

Theming at Disney is second only to HP.

With kids, Disney takes the edge, but for adults, the other parks are just great.

Disney has better food, but BG/Sea World ain't bad. Pumpkin juice and butter beer is a very unique experience.

The Wizarding World was absolutely incredible. I thought The Forbidden Journey was better than every ride at Disney.

island of adventure is the correct answer. beats the shit out of disneyworld.

For those of you into roller coasters, Sea World surprisingly actually has the best one, called the Manta.

omg, i can't wait to move back east and go to disney world/IOA.

That Hollywood Rip,Ride,Rockit Coaster at Universal Studios is so much damn fun. For coasters Universal/IofA >>> Disney for sure.

Someday you will all have small children and bow down to the greatness of Disney as the ultimate family amusement attraction.

Someday you will all have small children and bow down to the greatness of Disney as the ultimate family amusement attraction.

If I ever have kids I am sure I will go to Disney again, but I have trouble understanding why adults would want to go to Disney parks without children.

If I ever have kids I am sure I will go to Disney again, but I have trouble understanding why adults would want to go to Disney parks without children.

Get drunk at dinner then go to extended Disney hours (late when there aren't many kids still up)?

You forgot to log in to your palma account to post this.

Back