• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I heard a rumor of the Indiana Jones ride coming to the Studios but not sure where.

I heard a rumor of the Indiana Jones ride coming to the Studios but not sure where.

That would be cool. I think a raft ride through through some ruins would be cool. Or a TOD mine car coaster.

Last edited:
Here's a preview of the new Rivers of Light show. Just an interview and concept art. Looks like a mix of Illuminations and Fantasmic.

I believe I heard Jim Hill talk about this a while back. He said he has heard not only the Indiana Jones ride, but an improved version of what is at DisneyLand, which is a pretty popular ride out there.

It's about to get real in Orlando. Universal is planning to buy 450 acres of land about 3 miles away from the current location near the Convention Center. The current parks around about 100 acres each and all of Universal is 541 acres. Speculation is they're building a new theme park and restaurants and hotels.
http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonv...-acre-land-grab-the-remedy-for-universal.html

Went to Hollywood Studios a few weeks ago. Great trip, probably our best at the Studios. I rode Star Tours twice. Both had the Episode 7 scene. My wife and 6 year old rode three more times and it was the first scene every time. It was cool, but a little jarring to go from Jakku to splashing around with Gungans on Naboo. While they were riding Star Tours, I took my 3 year old to see Fantasmic. The line for the Fastpass+ went all the way back to the main entrance. I'm not kidding. But the line started moving 15 minutes before the show and everybody got in. There was a much shorter Standby line which I could have been in if I knew. They've started seating everybody on the edges first so late comers are in the middle. It's a much more pleasant set up than years ago. After Fantasmic, I asked my little one if he wanted to do Tower of Terror and he did and love it. He's more brave than his mom and older brother, so I finally have a partner to go on it.

The downside was the 2+ hour wait for Toy Story. The sign said 125 minutes but it didn't look that long inside. The wait was all due to Fastpass+. When we got up to the entrance, we asked the cast member if there was a method to how many they let in. She said on the busiest days, they're at "Phase 3" meaning for every standby group they let in, they bring in 10 Fastpass+ people. So the two women in front of us went, then we had to wait for 20 FP+ people to go through before our group of 4.

Also, they're already started construction on the new track and new ride entrance on the other side of the building in anticipation of Pixar Land.

Last edited:
It's about to get real in Orlando. Universal is planning to buy 450 acres of land about 3 miles away from the current location near the Convention Center. The current parks around about 100 acres each and all of Universal is 541 acres. Speculation is they're building a new theme park and restaurants and hotels.
http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonv...-acre-land-grab-the-remedy-for-universal.html

Gotta be MOAR HARRY POTTER. Jurassic World's blockbuster success and seemingly long term reemergence into the zeitgeist is a huge shot in the arm for Universal parks. Time to freshen up that section of IOA.

Gotta be MOAR HARRY POTTER. Jurassic World's blockbuster success and seemingly long term reemergence into the zeitgeist is a huge shot in the arm for Universal parks. Time to freshen up that section of IOA.

They need to just go ahead and genetically engineer some dinosaurs and stop pussy-footing around.

PETA may complain, but that's about it.

Was there Wednesday through Sunday of last week. It was busy, but having annual passes makes it nice knowing I don't have to fight the crowds for certain rides if I don't want to. Saw Osborne lights for the last time Wednesday night. I have to think that once all of the construction is done they are bringing that back in some form. It is a huge crowd draw and I just don't see Disney doing totally away with something that popular. Case in point, tried to go back Saturday night with the parents and the park was so full that the parking lot was maxed out and they were sending people to EPCOT to park. No way that happens at that park with the shape it is in without the lights.

The Magic Kingdom on Sunday was nice because the crowds were much lower due to people going home. All in all, it was busy but not as bad as I thought it would be for the holiday weekend, save Hollywood Studios Saturday night (which we ended up not going in).

That's a really good idea. A Disney version of Tinder would be huge. It would give single Disney fans more freedom to go to Disney World by themselves and meet up with other single fans. The parks are a safe space for just hanging out with or without romantic intentions.

Lights, Motors, Action at Hollywood Studios is slated to close in April. They are closing a character meet and greet over that way as well as Pizza Planet. I'm hoping for something closer to the Pizza Planet from Toy Story rather than a basic restaurant with an arcade. But that's doubtful. The Osborne Lights are coming down for good as well. Hard to believe that's ending. My oldest son's first trip to Disney World was to see the Osborne Lights at 6 months old. It's not my favorite Christmas thing, but it was our reason to go in December and I have good memories.

That's a huge part of the park that's going to be under construction which is why they added Star Wars Launch Bay at the former Magic of Disney Animation space and a Star Wars fireworks show to get people to come.

So now the question is is this where Toy Story Land is going or Star Wars Land? I had heard Toy Story Land was extending out behind the current Toy Story Mania and that the main entrance to the land will actually be where the Star Wars Launch Bay currently is. The area containing these attractions was not included in what I have heard (although there was talk that it could in the future become Cars Land).

I had heard of a scenario where this area could be part of Star Wars Land. However, putting Star Wars in this area would also necessitate the closing of the Muppets and there is no mention of that attraction closing. If they are going to begin work in this area, I wonder if the Muppets will be a future closing once they get some more open.

Everything I've seen suggests that Star Wars Land will go from Star Tours around to Pixar Place and Toy Story Land (or Pixar Land) will extend from behind Toy Story Midway Mania to Star Wars Launch Bay, maybe even Rockin' Rollercoaster. They just announced that they're tearing down the Earful Tower which is right in that area. That's two park icons (along with the hat) taken down within an 18 month period.

I think Muppets is staying. They're still banking on the TV show being a hit. One rumor is that Pizza Planet will become a Muppets themed restaurant. While a Swedish Chef restaurant sounds great, I don't see it.

Last edited:
Back