• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

I get motion sick pretty easily, and that ride almost did me in. At the end, I was sweating cold bullets and was maybe five more seconds from ralphing.

Roller Coasters are completely fine, but video simulators GTFO

I get motion sick pretty easily, and that ride almost did me in. At the end, I was sweating cold bullets and was maybe five more seconds from ralphing.

Roller Coasters are completely fine, but video simulators GTFO

Do you have any issues with 3D shooters? Have you tried VR?

Do you have any issues with 3D shooters? Have you tried VR?

I have and it induced a terrible bout of veritgo. I'm with HTTD - roller coasters all day, but none of the simulation/VR stuff.

Yeah the screens at the Hogwarts ride at Universal made me really woozy

That broke down on me in the middle of the ride. All the lights came on and you could see the arms that the dementors were attached to.

Took a bit of the magic away.

I have and it induced a terrible bout of veritgo. I'm with HTTD - roller coasters all day, but none of the simulation/VR stuff.

Eh, did you try room scale VR? When your locomotion in the real world translates directly to the VR world, it's much better. I can't do any VR where you use a controller to move, but room scale VR games I'm almost always fine (and I also get sick as hell on most "screen" rides, gotta dramamine up like crazy before Harry Potter world).

Eh, did you try room scale VR? When your locomotion in the real world translates directly to the VR world, it's much better. I can't do any VR where you use a controller to move, but room scale VR games I'm almost always fine (and I also get sick as hell on most "screen" rides, gotta dramamine up like crazy before Harry Potter world).

yeah, it was room scale. it doesn't help that the particular thing i was doing in VR was "ride this elevator up 10 stories, then walk out onto a plank and grab a piece of cake!" while the whole world was still going on below you. so maybe that's what made the vertigo happen more so than the VR aspect...

Let's talk about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café. It's right between the Buzz Lightyear ride and the rockets. How have they not turned this into Pizza Planet?

My kids love the lounge singer. There was already a Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios anyway and it was lame.

yeah, it was room scale. it doesn't help that the particular thing i was doing in VR was "ride this elevator up 10 stories, then walk out onto a plank and grab a piece of cake!" while the whole world was still going on below you. so maybe that's what made the vertigo happen more so than the VR aspect...

lol yeah, Plank Simulator is a tougher one (especially w/ vertigo or issues with heights).. I always spin up Google Tiltbrush/3D Paint for people to check out, or Valve's The Lab, or a shooter type game like Space Pirate Trainer.

The Texas surfing hall of fame has some VR goggles that let you surf in Tahiti. Plus I got some peeps on the wall there and plus it's next to a p great bar the executive surf club. If you ever want to take a trip back in time to the 80s/90s in real life I highly suggest a visit to Corpus

We've used http://undercovertourist.com for discounted WDW tickets and they list Universal on there as well. Haven't bought Universal tickets via them, but the WDW discounts are pretty decent so I would assume Universal would be similar.

Disney World rolled back silver passholder blockout dates from August 10 to today. That's never happened before to my knowledge.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ney-passholders-block-out-20170726-story.html

Summer attendance has been down but they must be really hurting to make that kind of move.

Earlier in July, Disney also announced discounted hotel rates (although there weren't a ton of rooms at any resort) through the end of September and has some restaurants offering up to an additional 20% off for annual passholders (so you can get up to 30% off at those restaurants). On the restaurant discounts, you have to eat before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:00 or 8:30 p.m.

Yeah. We plan to finally do Artist Point. We had a reservation the last time we went before our 5 year old was born and my oldest had an allergic reaction to something we did that day so we missed it.

Yeah. We plan to finally do Artist Point. We had a reservation the last time we went before our 5 year old was born and my oldest had an allergic reaction to something we did that day so we missed it.

Ph, Disney is now offering free valet parking and a free appetizer with each adult entree purchased during the dinner hours at Jiko, Flying Fish, Citricos and Artist Point through September 30.

I am really surprised at how many specials are being run this year. These are some very good restaurants. Attendance, and visits to these restaurants, must really be down.

My wife and I ate at Artist point on our honeymoon and really liked it. Granted that was 10 years ago so it may have changed in quality, but we thought it was very good.

Need to make our hotel plans for the Food and Wine half marathon.

Typically, we stay at one of the moderate resorts like Riverside since we don't spend much time in the room.

I really worry how big Star Wars Land and the Resort and new experiences are going to be if attendance is down now in anticipation. The crowds are going to be insane.

I think that's the biggest factor domestically.

Thanks for the heads up on the deals. We just need to find a time.

Last edited:
Back