• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

Tell me why I need to go to Animal Kingdom to see Avatar in March. Had not planned to go to Animal Kingdom at all during a 5 day trip, but I am told I need to go and wait in line for several hours just to see Avatar.

Have you ever been to AK? The safari ride and the roller coaster there are pretty cool. Don't really remember much else.

AK is actually a favorite Disney park for my family- in addition to the roller coaster, the Lion King show is probably the best of all of the Disney park shows.

Yeah. AK is a lot of fun. Both Pandora rides are excellent. Book your Fastpasses as soon as possible.

Tusker House my favorite in-park restaurant.

Finding Nemo and The Lion King are the two best shows at Disney World.

OK -- good to know and thanks for the responses. I have not gone since I was a kid and we did not go last time I took the family.

there's also the dinosaur escape ride and the rafting ride -- you will get wet, likely soaked.

went on a school trip in HS to disney world and on the last day of our trip we went to the AK when it opened. me and my buds went on the raft ride first and they let us stay on 6 straight times. Good times.

TIL (yesterday) that Swan and Dolphin are operated by Westin and do not have the Disney airport shuttle. I have to pay nearly $200 for a car. It's slightly less to rent a car, but that's just an extra hassle.

TIL (yesterday) that Swan and Dolphin are operated by Westin and do not have the Disney airport shuttle. I have to pay nearly $200 for a car. It's slightly less to rent a car, but that's just an extra hassle.

just walk over to the Yacht club

went on a school trip in HS to disney world and on the last day of our trip we went to the AK when it opened. me and my buds went on the raft ride first and they let us stay on 6 straight times. Good times.

That's great. I did the same thing, except on the Jurassic Park flume at Universal.

You can't get on the airport shuttle if you're not staying at a Disney resort; they check your reservation.

ah i missed the 'airport' part; i thought he was just talking about resort transportation. my B

The Avatar banshee flight is pretty amazing. I don’t know if it’s 3hr wait amazing, but it’s amazing.

Parents just reported Pandoralsnd was dumb and a waste of time but didn’t get to do the banshee ride.

It’s not made for super olds.

We’re going to check on the wait after dinner and maybe ride that or the Pandora cruise.

Annual pass holder stationed in Tampa. Been to Disney 20+ times in the last 18 mos. The Pandora Flights of Passage was legit. I think we threw the word exhilarating around.

Pandora was indeed pretty this morning at 6AM.

Looks like we will be taking our 4 and 6 year old girls to Disney the first week of March. I have read a good bit of this thread and appreciate the info. We are close to pulling the trigger on staying at the Port Orleans Riverside resort for four nights. Looks like a reasonable price and I can use a travel agent who will book all my reservations and plan an itinerary.

Is it feasible to use the busses to return to the resort for a few hours after lunch and then go back to the park? I think my 4 year old is going to need a break at some point. Is 3 full days at the parks enough time? I'd like to avoid renting a car. Is it easy enough to find a Uber Car Seat if necessary?

Back