• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

going to france for 9-10 days, thinking of breaking up the trip with a day at disneyland paris for the kids. Anyone been? Recommend?

I'm spending 1 day there with the girl after the cruise in a few weeks. Will be our intro to Genie+ as well.

I hate having to pay more for things with the high price of tickets. Genie+ doesn't seem to add much, but for our 1 trip a year, individual LL is a decent buy.
It's just paid fastpass+ and it doesn't even cover the most popular rides. Every year Disney takes away more benefits and makes visiting their parks more expensive and complicated. I can't imagine being a first-time visitor and trying to navigate all the apps, reservations, etc. Universal's express pass is so much better and less complicated.

It's just paid fastpass+ and it doesn't even cover the most popular rides. Every year Disney takes away more benefits and makes visiting their parks more expensive and complicated. I can't imagine being a first-time visitor and trying to navigate all the apps, reservations, etc. Universal's express pass is so much better and less complicated.
Not covering the popular rides is the worst part. The upside is you can use it multiple times a day where FP was 3 total - 2 premium and 1 standard.

I have the app on my phone from our last trip and every once in a while I'll check wait times for shits and giggles. They look absolutely brutal today.

going to france for 9-10 days, thinking of breaking up the trip with a day at disneyland paris for the kids. Anyone been? Recommend?
I have been. Train from Paris is easy. Think of it as a scaled down magic kingdom. I’d really only recommend if your kids are too young to enjoy Paris.

I have the app on my phone from our last trip and every once in a while I'll check wait times for shits and giggles. They look absolutely brutal today.

It’s nuts. My frame of reference will always be about 8-10 years ago when only a few rides had more than a 45 min wait and everything else was 15 min or less. We just waited 20 min for the PeopleMover and that’s one of the lowest waits. Tron looks like it will be cool though. Shame it will be pay extra to play.

Genie+ is $29 today. This was mentioned on a Disney Passhokder site which (like here) prompted a comparison with Universal Express Pass. Somewhere there mentioned that Universal may require 3 day reservations at premiere hotels because people will book Saturday only just for express pass.

It’s nuts. My frame of reference will always be about 8-10 years ago when only a few rides had more than a 45 min wait and everything else was 15 min or less. We just waited 20 min for the PeopleMover and that’s one of the lowest waits. Tron looks like it will be cool though. Shame it will be pay extra to play.

Genie+ is $29 today. This was mentioned on a Disney Passhokder site which (like here) prompted a comparison with Universal Express Pass. Somewhere there mentioned that Universal may require 3 day reservations at premiere hotels because people will book Saturday only just for express pass.
Is this just an exceptionally busy time or is this gonna be my experience when I come at the beginning of June? Because I may cancel if that's the case. I'm not paying 4 grand to stand in line an hour for It's a Small World.

It will probably be busier in June. This is supposed to be lighter after New Years. The marathon is this weekend but I doubt this is all marathon.

I just looked at a couple crowd calendars and today is still apparently bustling based on the holiday yesterday, but still.

Can you expand upon this? Going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow.
it sucks but its also kinda necessary. We were able to do Thunder mtn, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise in a half day with little wait as a result of it. Everything the day i went had 60+ minute waits. We also paid extra for 7 Dwarves (not worth it) but again didnt have to wait. We had a Hopper pass and did Animal Kingdom in the morning and were able to knock out a bunch of rides there too with no wait (paid extra for Avatar, worth it).

The Disney lines are untenable. Last spring the wait for rise of the resistance was 2+ hours and there was nearly no opportunity to get whichever dumb skip the line pass. Availability popped up once the entire day as we were walking into a ride. Immediately lost cell signal in the door and missed out. Even had we gotten it we would have been on hold for 4 - 5 hours until our window arrived.

I really can't imagine setting foot on a Disney property again.

You’re at Magic Kingdom today too?

Disneyland was good (first time there after going to DW 20+). Genie+ worked decent enough. Went with another family. Linked all the accounts and the older kids took off and booked their own rides throughout the day. The rest of us played it by ear. It definitely helps to keep checking throughout the day.

I literally just did this for our trip last month.

Back