• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

On the subject of lines,how the hell has Universal not implemented a virtual queue for Hagride.

I literally just did this for our trip last month.

That’s the advice I give everyone. But it would make sense to not allow it when Epic Universe opens.

Universal had a virtual queue for Hagrid’s for years.

That’s the advice I give everyone. But it would make sense to not allow it when Epic Universe opens.

Universal had a virtual queue for Hagrid’s for years.

Can't remember if it was you or someone else I texted if one night got you both days of access and parking. It was worth every cent.

Well they damn sure didn't have a virtual queue 2 weeks ago. 2 plus hour line for the early hours admission.

I think they got rid of it over the last few months. But they had it for the first three years of the ride. There’s only a virtual queue for a few things.

LK, I just met up with our mutual friend. She’s here with her sister for marathon weekend.

She’s doing all four races. That’s nuts.

She’s doing all four races. That’s nuts.

I’ve heard there’s an unofficial 5th. It’s a 5k to Swiss Family Robinson after the marathon.

I‘m good running my 10k and half every year and then drinking at Epcot.

Yeah. A few times I think.

After a full day at Magic Kingdom, I can say that I still feel the magic. We hadn’t been there in about 2.5 years and my boys didn’t remember some things that we used to do every few weeks. But they had fun. My 10 year old reverse course and said Disney is better than Universal.

I started coming to Disney with my wife when we were dating. If that had been in this era of really expensive passes, Genie+, etc, I probably wouldn’t like it as much as I do now.

My wife handled the Genie+ today and thought it was fine. She pointed out that the cost of the hotel and Genie+ was less than the cost of a Universal premiere hotel with Express Pass. She felt all in all it evened out.

After a full day at Magic Kingdom, I can say that I still feel the magic. We hadn’t been there in about 2.5 years and my boys didn’t remember some things that we used to do every few weeks. But they had fun. My 10 year old reverse course and said Disney is better than Universal.

I started coming to Disney with my wife when we were dating. If that had been in this era of really expensive passes, Genie+, etc, I probably wouldn’t like it as much as I do now.

My wife handled the Genie+ today and thought it was fine. She pointed out that the cost of the hotel and Genie+ was less than the cost of a Universal premiere hotel with Express Pass. She felt all in all it evened out.

I haven’t been in about 20 yrs and my girls loved it. Was able to use the pass and lucky wait times to get on like 8-9 rides and see the parade; plus used the pass to get on soarin’ later after dinner.

Was a little stressed out managing the order of events but overall it was a good day

I haven’t been in about 20 yrs and my girls loved it. Was able to use the pass and lucky wait times to get on like 8-9 rides and see the parade; plus used the pass to get on soarin’ later after dinner.

Was a little stressed out managing the order of events but overall it was a good day
So the genieplus works well with a little planning? Do you have to scramble all over the park or can you choose what's close?

We're there 6 days this summer so I won't feel the need to open and close every park like we did a couple years ago and only had one day in each park.

She pointed out that the cost of the hotel and Genie+ was less than the cost of a Universal premiere hotel with Express Pass. She felt all in all it evened out.

Truly your better half.

So the genieplus works well with a little planning? Do you have to scramble all over the park or can you choose what's close?

You can chose what you want, based on availability. But, if you're not walking 6mi+ in a day, you're doing it wrong!

Yeah, you can use it pretty well if you set up a big ride before you get to the park and then take advantage of the 2nd reservation after 11am. You can make another reservation as soon as you use one.

We had 2 rolling slots all day

Also, it doesn’t account for age/size so you can use little kids to reserve bigger rides. Thus our seven yo was able to go twice on some stuff when one parent would stay out with the 3yr old. Like for haunted mansion and soar in’

it just sucks to have to get up and on at 7am and then be tethered to the phone throughout the day to really make good use of it.

Also sucks it’s $30/person per DAY

Yeah, you can use it pretty well if you set up a big ride before you get to the park and then take advantage of the 2nd reservation after 11am. You can make another reservation as soon as you use one.

We had 2 rolling slots all day

Also, it doesn’t account for age/size so you can use little kids to reserve bigger rides. Thus our seven yo was able to go twice on some stuff when one parent would stay out with the 3yr old. Like for haunted mansion and soar in’
Also, my folks are going with us but they're staying in a different room/not in our group. Is there any way to join the genie accounts together so we can all ride the same shit?

Back