• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney World Tips and Tricks

IIRC you can place ahead an order on the app for Voodoo iirc and have it waiting for you at a shelf/place or something like that, skip the huge lines.

PH can probably back me up on this.
Yep. That's what I do on the way home pretty much every trip. They have a kiosk across from the store.

Their mobile order system works pretty well for any counter service location in the parks or CityWalk. I highly recommend doing that because the lines and wait for food can be long and annoying.

The food is pretty solid around the parks. It is what it is. Your standard burgers and fries are typical theme park fare. The Mythos restaurant in Islands of Adventure is a good sit-down theme park meal. I haven't eaten at a lot of the City Walk restaurants. The ones I've been to have been fine. Other places look pretty good. Definitely check out Voodoo Doughnuts.

The restaurants at the Royal Pacific are good. There's a nice sushi restaurant in the lobby with a huge TV where I've watched a few big college games and NFL playoff games.
I watched this game from the bar at that place. don't recall if there was sushi; i was hung over.

I watched last year's Wake win over UNC on my tablet at a table at one of the hotel restaurants.

Ironically, I'll be at Disney World this week for the Wake-UNC game. If we win this one, I may just head to Orlando for all Wake-UNC basketball games from now on.

We got Disney passes for the first time since Genie+ started. Any good tips? Recommended websites?

I think we're going to be there in March. Going to do a full park trip to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

We'll get to check out their mini-Super Nintendo Land though.

I think we're going to be there in March. Going to do a full park trip to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Do you know when in March? Coming down with the kids mid March for a week. First time for them(8 and 5). If you happened to be there would love to say hi. Meet your fam etc..

Do you know when in March? Coming down with the kids mid March for a week. First time for them(8 and 5). If you happened to be there would love to say hi. Meet your fam etc..

Disneyland, not Disneyworld.

BacktoBack, we can definitely meet up at WDW if it's not when we're on the West Coast.

Ironically, I'll be at Disney World this week for the Wake-UNC game. If we win this one, I may just head to Orlando for all Wake-UNC basketball games from now on.

We got Disney passes for the first time since Genie+ started. Any good tips? Recommended websites?
I’ll be there Tuesday through Friday. My wife has already told me that I probably won’t be watching that UNC game on Wednesday night given the 9pm start.

ATS, hit me up if you want to hang out. I'll be meeting up with an old friend from Wake who is running all four marathon events as well. We're staying at the same resort.

I'll probably be watching the game on delay because Wednesday is our Studios day and I want to see Fantasmic.

ATS, hit me up if you want to hang out. I'll be meeting up with an old friend from Wake who is running all four marathon events as well. We're staying at the same resort.

I'll probably be watching the game on delay because Wednesday is our Studios day and I want to see Fantasmic.
I’ll keep in touch, but we’re doing 3 parks in 3 days with 3 kids and it’s going to be a lot.

Would love to catch up, though, if possible.

Be ready for high crowds around race weekends. Also if you want a decent selection of run merchandise get to the expo as early in the week as possible, by Friday they usually are running out of things already (although hopefully part of that was the logistics nightmare last year that may be getting better).

that is the sad thing about losing ESPN zone. You can watch at the bowling place in the springs, but a pain to get back to the parks.

I watched a Wake-State football game at ESPN Zone back in 2010 or 2011 while my wife and son were at Epcot. It was convenient to just walk there and walk back when the game was over.

that is the sad thing about losing ESPN zone. You can watch at the bowling place in the springs, but a pain to get back to the parks.
Agree - I normally stay at the Swan/Dolphin and it was super convenient to make the short walk over there for a game.

Back