• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Divisional Playoffs: Seahawks @ Falcons, Texans @ Patriots

This is the worst final four in the NFL since... last year. Seahawks were the last likable team and their defense blew it.

I think we're headed for a SF/NE Super Bowl, but as of Friday, I thought we were headed for a Seattle/Denver SB, so clearly I can't predict shit.

"Cam Newton exposed the Falcons' problem in stopping the read option and the pistol in two games this year. Newton rushed for 202 yards on 18 carries and passed for 502 yards against Atlanta, helping the Panthers score 58 points. Then, yesterday Wilson (not Lynch) was the elusive one with 60 yards rushing and a touchdown on seven carries"

Doesn't seem like a good history for the Falcons with Colin Kaepernick coming to town

This argument is so dumb.

You want to be at home for the playoffs. People are nuts that "Oh goodie, I want to fly across the country to play in a loud ass stadium against a team that is 14-3" over playing at home vs. a team that you know and you can enact some revenge upon...

Match-ups occasionally are more important than being home in the NFL, and this is 1 of those times. Seattle matches up well with San Fran. It's like an old Pittsburgh/Balmur slug fest. Atlanta just doesn't match up well on either side of the LOS with San Fran (just look at last year where they were pummeled by the NYG DL). Atlanta is already a 3.5 dog at home, and it might get up to 4-4.5. Which means Vegas thinks San Fran is a TD better than Atlanta on a neutral field. I don't think San Fran would be favored by that much against Seattle on a neutral field. Add to that this Atlanta team has a horrible recent playoff history. Blowing a 20 point lead at home cannot have helped their psyches with that history in the backs of their minds.

I'm a Balmur fan and think we have quite the tough row to hoe this week, but if we were lucky enough to win, I'd MUCH rather face Atlanta than San Fran.

"Cam Newton exposed the Falcons' problem in stopping the read option and the pistol in two games this year. Newton rushed for 202 yards on 18 carries and passed for 502 yards against Atlanta, helping the Panthers score 58 points. Then, yesterday Wilson (not Lynch) was the elusive one with 60 yards rushing and a touchdown on seven carries"

Doesn't seem like a good history for the Falcons with Colin Kaepernick coming to town

Wilson throws the ball and protects it really well, whereas CK does not.

The Panthers had the Falcons number this year for sure, not sure if it was just the pistol/read option stuff or just a mental block. The Falcons did pretty much shut down Marshawn Lynch...

That's really the Falcons only real hope, is that Ck turns it over 2-3 times, unless Matty and the guys decide to play lights out on offense for 2 halves.

Rethinking this 49ers line after listening to Bill Barnwell.

-3.5 on the road = -6.5 neural field = -9.5 at home.

The 49ers are then more favored over the #1 Falcons than the Patriots are over the #4 Ravens.

That's a huge line and you've got to imagine Vegas made it what it is to try and get any money they can on the Falcons.

Back