• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Divisional Playoffs: Seahawks @ Falcons, Texans @ Patriots

@DanWetzel
Based on Gronkowski's pained expressions, the only way he returns is if Mike Shanahan becomes the Patriots coach

Shane Vereen's development has been really fun to watch this season.

I love Wes Welker. It's kinda funny how every time a college WR is undersized, but pretty quick with good hands that people are like "he could be a Wes Welker-type guy". WW plays the game unlike anybody ever has. What a boss.

All I care about is a Patriots loss. 7 point game - have to hold them now before halftime... don't think it's going to happen.

10 points in last 75 seconds - great finish in the first half for the Texans.

lol

BRANDON-SPIKES-FUMBLE-DANCE.gif

With the solid offensive line, above average running backs, Tom Brady is just unreal. It's not like they even have what they want to be doing out there with Gronk hurt, and woodhead out. However he just keeps on rolling without missing a beat.

With the solid offensive line, above average running backs, Tom Brady is just unreal. It's not like they even have what they want to be doing out there with Gronk hurt, and woodhead out. However he just keeps on rolling without missing a beat.

Gronk and Wood head just feel superfluous now. When Ridley is getting regular yardage and Shane Vereen is a weapon, endless crossing routes are all the Pats need

Three of the four championship weekend teams are the same as last year.

It pains me to say this as a Houston homer, but even though the Pats are a better team, the Texans playing them at home would have had a good chance. There were a few calls/non-calls there that never would have happened at Reliant. But the Texans choked at the end of the season and lost home field...no excuse.. and they have to learn to be winners like the Pats, Steelers, Packers, etc. Schaub is a good quarterback, but not a championship caliber quarterback. Shit, I might be able to run faster and throw laterally (at 55 yrs of age) than Schaub can....he just can't create time/space like other quarterbacks. Schaub didn't cost us this game, but he's not good/great enough to overcompensate for other team issues. There were plays to be made but he couldn't extend the play. The defense also couldn't stop the Pats' crossing patterns or tempo. Injuries to Cushing and others were just devastaiting. Oh well, hope the Ravens kick the hoodie's ass. If the refs continue to allow the physical play (i.e.holding, pushing, etc.) then the Ravens just might have a chance.

Mike Reiss reporting on Twitter that Gronk re-broke his arm in the game and is out for the rest of the playoffs.

It pains me to say this as a Houston homer, but even though the Pats are a better team, the Texans playing them at home would have had a good chance. There were a few calls/non-calls there that never would have happened at Reliant. But the Texans choked at the end of the season and lost home field...no excuse.. and they have to learn to be winners like the Pats, Steelers, Packers, etc. Schaub is a good quarterback, but not a championship caliber quarterback. Shit, I might be able to run faster and throw laterally (at 55 yrs of age) than Schaub can....he just can't create time/space like other quarterbacks. Schaub didn't cost us this game, but he's not good/great enough to overcompensate for other team issues. There were plays to be made but he couldn't extend the play. The defense also couldn't stop the Pats' crossing patterns or tempo. Injuries to Cushing and others were just devastaiting. Oh well, hope the Ravens kick the hoodie's ass. If the refs continue to allow the physical play (i.e.holding, pushing, etc.) then the Ravens just might have a chance.

Another Houston homer here, and I agree that the injury tonCushing was devastating. James and Ruud were basically picked up off the street this year.

And Shaub is an acceptable QB for a running team, but as a self styled running team we have serious problems on the offensive line. Letting Winston and Brisiel go in the offseason was a huge mistake. Just crushing. Derek Newton was marginal at best, and Antoine Caldwell was a pile of fail.

Back