• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

why is that an ad hominem?

You are incapable of debating the message that Mr. Khan brought to the DNC. Instead, you try to smear the name of someone to discredit them.

It makes you quite the hypocrite, given your penchant for calling out others for ad hominems.

Lets get this straight. You said that I am using an ad hominem argument by saying that a person is a good fit with the candidate that you plan to vote for? Nice.

Ya I think she got a bounce and Trump gave her a boost but the media is a help as well. i know liberals deny any favoritism or preference from the media but its hard not to see it if you are conservative.

The media is filled with college educated people that can see through Trump's bullshit. And Trump isn't a conservative anyway, so your argument holds no water.

The media built Trump. You can't cry liberal bias when your candidate is shooting themselves in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets get this straight. You said that I am using an ad hominem argument by saying that a person is a good fit with the candidate that you plan to vote for? Nice.

Nope. I am saying you are using an ad hominem because you repeatedly post articles bashing Mr. Khan for dubious reasons instead of debating the points he made during his speech at the convention.

You can't argue his points, so you attack him as a person.

I thought you were above that, but I guess not.

im not sure he understands that the ad hominem fallacy is about discrediting the speaker and not simply a fancy phrase meaning "name calling"

nuance is not your strong point, in fact, on certain topics you appear to have a tin ear for it

You've posted, almost non-stop, articles on the same topics over and over again about Islam and the threat it poses moving forward. You also consistently pigeonhole the viewpoint of others on here to "nothing to see here, radical Islamic terror is not an issue for you guys!" which is almost verbatim Trump's position and one of the major issues in the campaign on which he has built up his "with me or against me" attitude. The point is certainly nuanced, whether you agree with the characterization is another issue. You clearly don't but you're certainly one of the people on here who has consistently stated they're against Trump while posting articles almost exclusively endorsing viewpoints that Trump favors and ripping pro-Hillary supporters. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and posts the same type of article over and over and over and over again then it's a duck.

The media is filled with college educated people that can see through Trump's bullshit. And Trump isn't a conservative anyway, so your argument holds no water.

D7. are you serious? you don't find it weird that Clinton says the Benghazi parents are lying or absent minded about what she told them about the video and the parents come on and say she treated them like dirt and the media does not cover it. compare adn contrast to this kahn debacle that the media won't let die. ( neither will Trump ) there are 4 Kahn stories on CNN website right now. b

or that fact that Hillary blatantly lied to wallace's face to millions of viewers about what Comey said about her statements being not true? Again little coverage.

Also Hillary interviewed on 60 min that she knows nothing about Debbie W S emails and then left on the cutting room floor ?

The media works overtime to protect her.

D7. are you serious? you don't find it weird that Clinton says the Benghazi parents are lying or absent minded about what she told them about the video and the parents come on and say she treated them like dirt and the media does not cover it. compare adn contrast to this kahn debacle that the media won't let die. ( neither will Trump ) there are 4 Kahn stories on CNN website right now. b

or that fact that Hillary blatantly lied to wallace's face to millions of viewers about what Comey said about her statements being not true? Again little coverage.

Also Hillary interviewed on 60 min that she knows nothing about Debbie W S emails and then left on the cutting room floor ?

Try again.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/0...ive-stories-least-positive-stories-all/209945

I guess Trump should've had these clearly railroaded Hero Parents up on stage at the Convention to EXPOSE hillary

Back