• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

So first you claim that the Dems won't even mention debt because you think that all they want to do is spend, spend, spend. Then, when they do mention debt, you immediately dismiss them as being disingenuous. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Last time he promised to cut the deficit in half (and then proceeded to run it up by 60%). I guess that counts as "mentioning it", but it also counts as "lying."

You're NOT damned if you make a promise and keep it. How did Obama do on that front? Bueller? Bueller?

Last time he promised to cut the deficit in half (and then proceeded to run it up by 60%). I guess that counts as "mentioning it", but it also counts as "lying."

You're NOT damned if you make a promise and keep it. How did Obama do on that front? Bueller? Bueller?

That was a stupid promise to make when unemployment was increasing 0.5% per month, and you had no idea to what level tax revenues would plummet. I will grant you that.

That was a stupid promise to make when unemployment was increasing 0.5% per month, and you had no idea to what level tax revenues would plummet. I will grant you that.

With such talented people like Clinton and Michelle, I can't believe the Dems are letting their left flank even get off the bus in Charlotte. The President has a case to make and they need to tone down the abortion crowd and turn up the "if you like an American auto industry, then you liked my first term" bit.

Less booing God and Israel and cheering abortion on demand, more of what Bill and Michelle are selling.

With the benefit of partial hindsight, it seems like bringing Bill Clinton up was a mistake by the Romney camp. Someone must have forgot that he's alive and could endorse Obama.

It's amazing how similar the Meg Whitman California Governor campaign and Mitt's presidential campaign are. Both were Ivy-educated, Bain alums, hugely successful business people, who lacked charisma and political experience. Both carpet bombed their primary and general election opponents with negative ads rather than making a positive case for themselves with the electorate. Both faced beatable opponents with checkered results. Whitman was done in by an illegal nanny, but she would have lost anyway by having Clinton destroy the premise of her main attack ad on Jerry Brown. Meg's campaign relentlessly ran a clip from a '92 debate where the CNN moderator accused Brown of raising taxes and Bubba tore into Brown. The moderator admitted that the question was wrong, Clinton campaigned for Brown, and the Whitman campaign kept running the ad for another month after it had been debunked.

With such talented people like Clinton and Michelle, I can't believe the Dems are letting their left flank even get off the bus in Charlotte. The President has a case to make and they need to tone down the abortion crowd and turn up the "if you like an American auto industry, then you liked my first term" bit.

Less booing God and Israel and cheering abortion on demand, more of what Bill and Michelle are selling.

I can finally agree with 1 of your posts.

Listening to Clinton's speech now.

"After last night, I want a man who had the good sense to marry Michelle Obama!"

Never change.

The whole goddamned thing imploded on him 6 weeks before the election. You are taking campaign promises a year and six months out from the election, before economic circumstances changed significantly, and holding them up as lies? You're a hack, man.

The whole goddamned thing imploded on him 6 weeks before the election. You are taking campaign promises a year and six months out from the election, before economic circumstances changed significantly, and holding them up as lies? You're a hack, man.

You're an apologist (and a sucker) if you think he meant a word of it when he said it. I don't think you are either; you're just in on the joke.

do you believe Mitt Romney when he says it?

I believe he actually views it as a real problem. I don't think Obama cares at all about it, and is hoping that can tumbles down the road, so long as the government (and his legacy) grows.

That's not fair to other hack's who just don't know better.

I'm betting that Biden is gleefully working with Clinton and Clinton's people to put together a fun and tough speech for tonight. Joe is going to love eviscerating Ryan and Romney.

I'm betting that Biden is gleefully working with Clinton and Clinton's people to put together a fun and tough speech for tonight. Joe is going to love eviscerating Ryan and Romney.

I bet Clinton writes the speech and then Biden just copies it and pawns it off as his own work.

Watch for a really good and fun speech from Gov. Brian Schweitzer.

You are the fucking joke, jhmd. And I would still like to know what is in your background to make you such a dedicated pimp for billionaires. I mean, after all, you are just an ordinary working stiff with a family, aren't you? Why are you so interested in carrying water for rich assholes like Mitt Romney?
BKF, you know the answer to that question. Everybody knows that the trickle down economy is the way to go........

One of the biggest...and most amusing...misconceptions about this election is that the Republicans have somehow convinced themselves that Joe Biden is this dodo who can't walk & chew gum at the same time. Joe Biden is a sharp, experienced and very knowledgeable person. He will tie Ryan in knots. Joe Biden's performance in his debate is something that I am not worried about in the least.

With chains, I can only assume.

Back