• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

I wish Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama could be on one channel, and all of the other shrill voices could broadcast from the Bojangles Arena on a different channel. The only tragic part would have been missing the mega-fail on the amendment to the platform. It's like the Mayor repeated the question b/c he was sure, sure(!) that they misunderstood him the first time. No, they heard you just fine, it's just that a vocal majority of the delegation was against the proposed amendments. We now interrupt the third re-count to permit the speaker to #Facepalm.

How was the Gramm bill under the CRA. It had some tie-ins to the CRA, but it was pretty much a separate piece of legislation.

I wish Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama could be on one channel, and all of the other shrill voices could broadcast from the Bojangles Arena on a different channel. The only tragic part would have been missing the mega-fail on the amendment to the platform. It's like the Mayor repeated the question b/c he was sure, sure(!) that they misunderstood him the first time. No, they heard you just fine, it's just that a vocal majority of the delegation was against the proposed amendments. We now interrupt the third re-count to permit the speaker to #Facepalm.

Bojangles arena is the old old Charlotte coliseum.

"How do you make drug policy if you've never smoked the chronic?" Couldn't agree more.

I'd pay to hear that question at a debate. I don't think that being an amateur is a bad thing; unfortunately I think our political system disqualifies the most intelligent and creative. The best minds are in Greenwich, Palo Alto and Cambridge.

Only one side of our political spectrum has gone out of their way to trivialize intellectualism.

Clinton killed. The Dems are 2 for 2 in primetime.

Agreed. Clinton has an uncanny ability to talk to people on their level, and was a complete 180 from what you saw at the RNC. Clinton made a case for Obama line by line, instead of the vague, high arcing rhetoric of Christie or Rubio. One of the guys on CNN said it pretty well when he said "If there was any part of the electorate left to be moved, he just moved them."

Only one side of our political spectrum has gone out of their way to trivialize intellectualism.

"I would rather be governed by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the 2,000 members of the faculty of Harvard University."

--William F. Buckley

Clinton is a pimp in almost every sense of the word. I have no idea whether anybody paid attention or not, but "we believe 'we're all in this together' is a far better philosophy than 'you're on your own'" is pure genius.

"I would rather be governed by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the 2,000 members of the faculty of Harvard University."

--William F. Buckley

Buckley was a dipshit for making that quote, and you are a dipshit for believing it.

--William F. Buckley

Some of the weaker intellects react to this with profanity but do not explain how Mr. Buckley is wrong.

I don't think we'll ever see a politician with more swagger than Clinton. He had more swagger than Reagan which was pretty much impossible.

Going back to this.....I think Clinton wins in the swagger department, but barely. Reagan wins in legend and lore.

With the benefit of partial hindsight, it seems like bringing Bill Clinton up was a mistake by the Romney camp. Someone must have forgot that he's alive and could endorse Obama.

Right. A Chris Christie promises to lose weight. I don't believe him either.

So first you claim that the Dems won't even mention debt because you think that all they want to do is spend, spend, spend. Then, when they do mention debt, you immediately dismiss them as being disingenuous. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Back