• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC Live Commentary

It was a good speech but with all the great speeches this week, it was overshadowed.

Agreed. It was a good speech but it was short on substance. At the same time, he's the incumbent and he's a known commodity. He didn't give specifics but he also made it clear that if you vote for him you know what you're getting.

Agreed. It was a good speech but it was short on substance. At the same time, he's the incumbent and he's a known commodity. He didn't give specifics but he also made it clear that if you vote for him you know what you're getting.

Yeah. Julian, Michelle, Bill, and Joe already put him over the top. Obama's speech was like CA will be on election day. It was a victory lap.

First time I saw him was March 28, 1976. Born To Run Tour. Cameron Indoor Stadium. Floor tickets were $6.50. The last time I saw him was November 3, 2009 in Charlotte.

That's 33 years, 7 months, 6 days between my first & last concerts. The Boss & the E Street Band definitely have "staying power"! (And some of those shows around 1978 thru 1981 went on forever. No warmup act, and they played until nearly midnight.)

I always liked his mainstream stuff but I've gotten into him via Spotify and Pandora, pretty awesome stuff.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/barney-frank-calls-gay-republican-group-uncle-toms/article/2507236

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., told the Huffington Post today that the gay rights group the Log Cabin Republicans model themselves after “Uncle Tom,” the servile black slave character in the novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin.

He's right. the GOP thinks they are perverted people unworthy of having a nuclear family.

The GOP agrees with dozens of states (the GOP passed the laws) that allow gays to fired or denied housing just because they are gay.

I'd make a very serious wager that the "rocky IV" joke was written by Jon Favreau.

I didn't see it, but I refuse to believe that Biden had a great speech. I just cannot accept that.

Anyway, you really don't get what is so bad about that line. Now if Romney had said, "If you're fortunate enough to have parents with that kind of money, borrow from your parents."

I just figured that people that don't assume that unsaid stipulation from the beginning are looking for a soundbite. Perfectly reasonable to call him "out of touch" given past gaffes if you really want to, but i'll assume that he isn't THAT stupid.

An interesting question. I imagine they might have gone the way of many airlines and filed chapter 11 and most likely would have restructured. They would not have shuttered. But there are many ways it might have gone. So, as it went, the UAW came out on top, the company has lost about half its wealth and a bunch of bond holders got screwed. And if you think all those bond holders were the 1% you are sadly mistaken. A lot of people other than UAW workers got burned on that deal.

This is so dead wrong it's absurd. GM didn't have the cash flow to survive a chapter 11 restructure. Without a bailout they were done.

Watching Karl Rove now complain that Obama engages in straw man tactics by building up a false image of his opponents then declaring victory against them.

Yes. He actually said that.

If something were to happen to the President....whomever he was....I simply do not understand the reasoning of preferring Paul Ryan to Joe Biden as the person better qualified to take over the presidency. That is totally absurd to me.

I feel exactly the opposite.

Wait till October 11th then come back to us.

Obama gave a very good speech, thought it was the speech you give when you know you're ahead. Kerry was massively better than I expected.

This is so dead wrong it's absurd. GM didn't have the cash flow to survive a chapter 11 restructure. Without a bailout they were done.

This is so dead wrong it's absurd. They filed chapter 11. Obama pounced on it to deliver the company to the UAW and screw the bond holders.

I feel exactly the opposite.

Wait till October 11th then come back to us.

Ryan has two choices. He can change his entire plan or have Biden mop the floor with it.

Back