• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we get any Final Four CBS publicity out of this?

I thought we already had scheduled something for May, Irish?

STOP BEING SO LOWF ABOUT LOWF

I thought we already had scheduled something for May, Irish?

STOP BEING SO LOWF ABOUT LOWF

We may need to move it up, the #filth has infiltrated the boards to a far greater degree than ever before anticipated

We may need to move it up, the #filth has infiltrated the boards to a far greater degree than ever before anticipated

It's just a reaWAKEning of bad habits now that it's conceivable we won't blow ass in hoops anymore.

I think we need to move away from the owg hullabaloo and get more #TURNT

Clear evidence of miscomprehension.

A boards tutorial on LOWF needs to happen, and soon. It's becoming more widespread.

Your perception of its misuse is off because you are now dealing with one of the most prolific posters these boards has ever known. This also combined with his age where there is a predisposition to latch onto things and not let them go until they have been beaten to death leads to the idea that LOWF misuse is everywhere. In reality its just a full on RJ assault and a scattering of others.

Here's my basic premise:

If we've done it before, we can do it again. To not think or post that we won't do it again is LOWF.

We have been #1 in basketball. To think we can't or won't do it again is LOWF.

We haven't been #1 in football in the past fifty plus years. It's not LOWF to think we won't be #1 in football. That's pragmatic.

We have gotten multiple Top 10 basketball recruits. To be negative in saying it's unlikely or we won't get similar recruits is LOWF.

I don't think we've gotten a Top 10 football recruit in the past fifty years. It's pragmatic to not believe we won't get one.

Here's my basic premise:

If we've done it before, we can do it again. To not think or post that we won't do it again is LOWF.

We have been #1 in basketball. To think we can't or won't do it again is LOWF.

We haven't been #1 in football in the past fifty plus years. It's not LOWF to think we won't be #1 in football. That's pragmatic.

We have gotten multiple Top 10 basketball recruits. To be negative in saying it's unlikely or we won't get similar recruits is LOWF.

I don't think we've gotten a Top 10 football recruit in the past fifty years. It's pragmatic to not believe we won't get one.
So if we've never received Final Four publicity during a coaching change, it's pragmatic to believe we won't now. Got it.

So if we've never received Final Four publicity during a coaching change, it's pragmatic to believe we won't now. Got it.

Wrong. We've never had a coach who was a legend in the Final Four. The story is "Danny Manning after the Final Four".

Danny Manning will part of the Final Four for decades to come. If he does something major, it's a story.

Then add, Ron Wellman, CP3, Tim and you have a bigger story.

Then add Wake's woes- "Can Danny create another miracle?"

Producers dream of such stories. The problem is Wellman is a pussy and our Sports Information Department staff is incompetent.

Wrong. We've never had a coach who was a legend in the Final Four. The story is "Danny Manning after the Final Four".

Danny Manning will part of the Final Four for decades to come. If he does something major, it's a story.

Producers dream of such stories. The problem is Wellman is a pussy and our Sports Information Department staff is incompetent.

what my post presupposes, maybe they did pitch it?

Barca, I agree with you. That's a massive failure on the Wake sports info crew and on RW. We have to start the ball rolling.

When was the last time we hired a coach during the tournament?

Skip and Dino weren't. According to his Wake bio, Odom was hired on April 8, 1989. Staak was hired in August.

How about Tacy?

Barca, I agree with you. That's a massive failure on the Wake sports info crew and on RW. We have to start the ball rolling.

yeah but for all we know CBS passed on it because they realized most people won't care, which really is true. you tell the average fan we hire Danny Manning they say "oh, good for him."

yeah but for all we know CBS passed on it because they realized most people won't care, which really is true. you tell the average fan we hire Danny Manning they say "oh, good for him."

Wellman has some power too. It's how we get it pitched.

The story works even more with Kevin Ollie and UConn. to many that's a "miracle" which ties into Manning.

Unfortunately, the closest Wellman, CP3 or Tim Duncan have ever been to the Final Four is watching it from the stands.

Great imaginative concept but the fact it hasn't been done...yet...is not a dig at Wake so it can't be LOWF. Are you suggesting the network was supposed to pull all of it's other planned stories about the remaining teams....and reporters off of those planned events...and at 3AM Friday morning and produce a story like that? I'm guessing...pragmatic not to.

Back