• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do we get any Final Four CBS publicity out of this?

It's LOWF not to think it's a national story.

The fact it wasn't done could be, as Barca and I postulated, on our own people.

It's LOWF not to think it's a national story.

The fact it wasn't done could be, as Barca and I postulated, on our own people.

no I postulated that they pitched it but CBS/Turner passed on it because no one cares

I don't think we pitched it. I don't think it was pitched at all. with all that time to fill, using Danny and the Miracles and the 7 vs. 8 championship, it's a perfect fit. Nobody personifies the underdog overcoming like Danny and the Miracles.

I'd be stunned if our guys pitched it to CBS.

I am personally disappointed that ESPN hasn't released a 30 for 30 titled: "Danny manning, the wake forest way."

no I postulated that they pitched it but CBS/Turner passed on it because no one cares

It's just not that big time of a hire. My local FL station didn't even mention it and they talk about WFU football all the time. A higher profile coach and I think everyone and their brother would have been talking about it. C'est la vie.

I don't think we pitched it. I don't think it was pitched at all. with all that time to fill, using Danny and the Miracles and the 7 vs. 8 championship, it's a perfect fit. Nobody personifies the underdog overcoming like Danny and the Miracles.

I'd be stunned if our guys pitched it to CBS.

That Kansas team was seeded 6th but still didn't beat a higher seeded team until the Elite 8 and then it was the 4 Seed. They got some big breaks early in the tourney that built their confidence for headed into the Final Four.

It's just not that big time of a hire. My local FL station didn't even mention it and they talk about WFU football all the time. A higher profile coach and I think everyone and their brother would have been talking about it. C'est la vie.

if we got Shaka I think we'd get mention as the school to finally lure him away. why did he turn down UCLA, Illinois and others for Wake Forest of all places?

Greg Marshall maybe. Final Four participant, undefeated season, finally getting his shot with a big boy conference.

otherwise, meh. no one cares.

yeah but for all we know CBS passed on it because they realized most people won't care, which really is true. you tell the average fan we hire Danny Manning they say "oh, good for him."

Told a client that at lunch today, he is a Florida fan, he just responded, "the guy that played for Kansas? Has he coached before?"

That was the end of his interest in the topic.

Told a client that at lunch today, he is a Florida fan, he just responded, "the guy that played for Kansas? Has he coached before?"

That was the end of his interest in the topic.

LOWF

Very simply if we don't get mentions each day our SI should fired. It should be a featured story.

Despite all the LOWF misdirection, this remains my favorite post in the thread.

#SIout #TOILETS

Back