• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you support the Billboard Idea?

Do you support a billboard to Fire [Redacted]?

• I do not support a billboard

Votes: 106 51.2%
  • I support a billboard demanding change

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • I fully support a billboard directly calling for Bzz's job

Votes: 71 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I can that, just like to have that ounce of mystery, like maybe there is some maniac out there somewhere that thinks these things.

Well, we do have people working in the athletic department who are pretty damn close to this.

Not locked... It's past 7... And you are still a complete douche/ or terrible parody

A decade ago, stuff like www.fireronzook.com was all the rage.

After 2 years, it was obvious that Zook was not the right guy for Florida. He got shoved to the side, they brought in Urban Meyer, and won 2 national titles in a handful of years.

My only suggestion is that if you're going to get a billboard, don't limit it to just Buzz. Get Lobo's ass up there, too.

Leave the billboards to the lunatics in Chapel Hill, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, etc.

I kind of like the skywriting idea... during the air show at a home game in the fall. It would make our tailgate.

Leave the billboards to the lunatics in Chapel Hill, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, etc.

Normally, I would pride myself for being polar opposite of Chapel Hill or Tuscaloosa, but in this case, message boards aren't enough. We have to force the school to defend itself nationally because a BuzzOut billboard would get national attention.

I really don't understand why a Wake fan would be opposed to this idea. What do you expect is going to happen? The worst possible outcome is that Bzz stays, and nothing changes. Our players have already jumped ship, we're already irrelevant nationally and regionally, and our home attendance is pathetic. What are you scared of?

I really don't understand why a Wake fan would be opposed to this idea. What do you expect is going to happen? The worst possible outcome is that Bzz stays, and nothing changes. Our players have already jumped ship, we're already irrelevant nationally and regionally, and our home attendance is pathetic. What are you scared of?

The worst possible outcome is that Coach [Redacted] quits/gets fired in May. Who the hell are we going to hire then? That's why the billboard is a bad idea. If it works, we're fucked for more years than we may be with the fucknut we have coaching now.

Last edited:
I just don't see what it's going to accomplish other than make us look bad to potential recruits and coaches.

Enjoy your circle jerk of fear, but the status quo is not fucking cutting it.

What's the best possible outcome?

What do you think is going to happen? Do you think Wellman doesn't realize people are pissed off? He is oblivious but he isn't that oblivious.

What do you think is going to happen? Do you think Wellman doesn't realize people are pissed off? He is oblivious but he isn't that oblivious.

He hasn't been publicly embarrassed yet. Who knows what he'll do when he realizes that Wake fans won't quietly put up with his bullshit anymore.

He hasn't been publicly embarrassed yet. Who knows what he'll do when he realizes that Wake fans won't quietly put up with his bullshit anymore.

I suspect he's heard quite a lot from the people he actually cares about ($$$), and he only seems to be getting more and more entrenched. Sunk costs are a powerful thing.

I suspect he's heard quite a lot from the people he actually cares about ($$$), and he only seems to be getting more and more entrenched. Sunk costs are a powerful thing.
Pot odds are irrelevant when you have the losing hand.

That's the point, it's a sunk cost. Bzz winning 17 games next season in front of 5000 people a game isn't going to save Wellman any money. Sink or swim, that money is spent. So he can either keep digging, or pull his head out of his ass and save his job.

That's the point, it's a sunk cost. Bzz winning 17 games next season in front of 5000 people a game isn't going to save Bzz any money. Sink or swim, that money is spent. So he can either keep digging, or pull his head out of his ass and save his job.

Look, I am buzzout all the way and have been for as long as anyone, but I just don't see how a billboard is going to do jack squat to change Wellman's mind.

Back