• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think Coach Cal is still cheating at Kentucky?

Do you think Coach Cal is still cheating at UK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT MAN! That's a great joke. You should tell that one at parties

Buzz_Killington.jpg

thanks to this reaction by you I'm just getting started

I never said Cal didn't cheat. I just want to see what he does at Kentucky.

And you love to provoke me without having a real discussion. Anytime you want to talk about Wake sports, let me know.

The contrarian complaining about being provoked? Rich.

And what was wrong with being BuzzWait when he was hired. Did the hire look good? No. But it's not like anyone had the power to undo it, so sit back and see what happens.

Anthony Davis got 200K to go there according to a story in the local Chicago paper, so I am gonna say that he is still cheating.

Obviously he was before, and it is very possible that he still is at Kentucky, but now I think he has established his program to be the quintessential "one and done NBA audition year" and all the big time recruits know this, and it is how he is probably selling it to them. He's had several years of success with teams that completely flip over year to year that the reputation is now solidified and the all best kids looking to play for one year probably think of Kentucky first, so Calipari doesn't necessarily need to cheat anymore to get them at his school.

obviously. How else would Marcus Camby have gotten that money from an NBA agent if Cal didn't set it up?

So many people are so delusional on the scale of Calipari's "cheating." He recruited some sketchy players, fine but its not like he was/is going Blue Chips with bags of cash on doorsteps.

So many people are so delusional on the scale of Calipari's "cheating." He recruited some sketchy players, fine but its not like he was/is going Blue Chips with bags of cash on doorsteps.

Yes, he was. I'm sure he still is.

Paying recruits. I heard a secondhand story 15+ years ago and there has been plenty of smoke since then.

Yeah definitely. It's like Lance and the steroid era. People are going to do it until there is a way for them to actually get caught.

why? you have already made up your mind because he is kentucky's coach and you are a kentucky fan.

Fan or no fan, I understand english and I can comprehend and understand the minutia of the events that happened at UMass and Memphis that caused them to have Final Four's vacated. If anyone is biased, it's the person equating playing a retroactively ineligible player, to paying recruits. A person could get a million speeding tickets and never be guilty of robbing a bank. Derrick Rose was recruited by 4 or 5 top basketball schools after he took his SAT. What is biased about me knowing that? Marcus Camby didn't receive money from an NBA agent until nearly 2 months into the basketball season. What is biased about knowing that?

Last edited:
Paying recruits. I heard a secondhand story 15+ years ago and there has been plenty of smoke since then.

So you heard a story 15 years ago and then there's never been any proof or talk or shreds of evidence that he paid players..... and that's your proof that he's undeniably cheating right now?

His NCAA violations are two things:

1- Marcus Camby took money from an NBA agent after being enrolled at UMass
2- Letting D. Rose's brother travel for free to Memphis games

Back