• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think Coach Cal is still cheating at Kentucky?

Do you think Coach Cal is still cheating at UK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His recruitment of Nerlens was as clean as you can get.............(my ass)

What are you talking about man? Nerlens was investigated so closely that he had to provide receipts for the plane tickets from his unnofficial visits. The NCAA investigates every top basketball recruit. How the hell do you think Nerlens could have a clean investigation and Shabazz not, when Shabazz's family is already rich and famous? Is your vision of basketball recruiting so naive that you think Nick Nolte is buying everybody's dad a tractor? Players at this caliber get put on the front page of ESPN for having too nice a backpack

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8882189/ucla-compliance-completes-probe-shabazz-muhammad-gucci-backpack

Yes, just not as well. Sometimes even the guys WWW delivers don 't don't work out as great college players. Plus losing your whole starting 5 every year is not going to work out.

Yes, just not as well. Sometimes even the guys WWW delivers don 't don't work out as great college players. Plus losing your whole starting 5 every year is not going to work out.

soooooo.... you're trying to say that Cal's recruiting is worse at Kentucky than Memphis or UMass...?

Just a reference to people like Doofus who felt they needed to wait for evidence that Bz sucks as a coach despite all the evidence that he does.

I don't know if Cal is cheating. I will say bringing elite recruits to Kentucky doesn't raise red flags.

Exactly. I don't think he has to at Kentucky nor does he need to.

So many people are so delusional on the scale of Calipari's "cheating." He recruited some sketchy players, fine but its not like he was/is going Blue Chips with bags of cash on doorsteps.

Even if he was doing that, there shouldn't be anything wrong with giving poor kids some cash. Nikolaos of Myra got sainted for doing that.

So you heard a story 15 years ago and then there's never been any proof or talk or shreds of evidence that he paid players..... and that's your proof that he's undeniably cheating right now?

His NCAA violations are two things:

1- Marcus Camby took money from an NBA agent after being enrolled at UMass
2- Letting D. Rose's brother travel for free to Memphis games

If you need 100% proof to think someone is cheating in sports in this day and age then you are a fish.

What are you talking about man? Nerlens was investigated so closely that he had to provide receipts for the plane tickets from his unnofficial visits. The NCAA investigates every top basketball recruit. How the hell do you think Nerlens could have a clean investigation and Shabazz not, when Shabazz's family is already rich and famous? Is your vision of basketball recruiting so naive that you think Nick Nolte is buying everybody's dad a tractor? Players at this caliber get put on the front page of ESPN for having too nice a backpack

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8882189/ucla-compliance-completes-probe-shabazz-muhammad-gucci-backpack
You are Naive if you truly believe he runs a clean program.. John Wall grew up a UNC fan and is from the triangle...magically he goes to UK.....Look at the Turkish player and see how shady that was. It is well known that he is sketchy at best...

You are Naive if you truly believe he runs a clean program.. John Wall grew up a UNC fan and is from the triangle...magically he goes to UK.....Look at the Turkish player and see how shady that was. It is well known that he is sketchy at best...

1. "Magically he goes to UK"
This statement doesn't mean anything. There are numerous reasons for any recruit not to go to Carolina, and most don't.
2. "Look at the Turkish player and see how shady that way"
Thanks for making your ignorance obvious. Enes Kanter took about 30k from his basketball club (school) over a period of years, most of that money was used for housing and travel expenses, as there is no official amateur basketball system in Europe.
3. "It is well known he is sketchy at best"
You've provided no argument, no evidence, and you don't understand the meaning of "known".

Thanks for playing.

That's a very UK way of looking at things, and I don't even think he's really cheating at UK. No need to. Kids getting money and gifts from boosters is a completely different thing and really happens everywhere.

That's a very UK way of looking at things, and I don't even think he's really cheating at UK.

I didn't say anything about Kentucky. John Wall wanted to get away from his ghetto childhood home, where he still lived in the same neighborhood with his dead dads deadbeat friends, and moving 15 miles away wasn't going to do it. John Wall also didn't go to Duke, or State. He chose between Miami and UK. Roy Williams was believed to have not even wanted Wall because of the media circus around him. There is no "Kentucky way of looking" about that.

As for Enes Kanter, Faberbahce Ulker, his Turkish basketball club (and school) gave him money we he was 15 and 16 years old. Washington offered Kanter on a whim, hoping he'd be eligible. Calipari saw him play, offered him, Kanter went to a prep school in California for a year to gain eligibility but never could. There is nothing sketchy about it. Kanter's family got some money from his Euro club way before he ever entered the NCAA system. Again, what is "Kentucky way of looking" about that?

The shadiest player that Cal has taken at UK is Eric Bledsoe, who barely passed Algebra, skipped Algebra 2, and then had his grades changed from C's & D's to A's so that he would have the required 2.47 GPA to pass the NCAA clearinghouse. Who is supposed to be mad about this though, at the time his grades were getting changed, he was sleeping in a car with his mom while he was taking night classes at his highschool, and now 3 years later he's in the NBA slam dunk contest.

Last edited:
They fact that John Wall was down to UK and Miami (who is on sanctions for paying players during the time they would have been recruiting Wall) should never be used to try and prove Cal's cleanliness again. The Kanter stuff was nothing shady on Cals part but everyone knew there was no chance he was getting in, so I guess no harm in trying their. As for Bledsoe, there are a lot of details that you left out between sleeping in a car to being in the slam dunk contest. But until Cal get's caught with his pants down and is really punished by the NCAA, UK fans should stop being so defensive and just enjoy having a great coach who will have them competing on a national level more times than not.

If you're the top HS point guard in the country you'd pretty much be a doofus if you didn't go play for Cal with his recent track record of points guards

I'm not even a hater and I don't follow college basketball that closely. But Anthony Davis got paid.

For shits and gigs, I thought this would be good here:
enes-valentine.png

Back