• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake Forest make a bowl game in 2013-2014?

Does Wake go bowling this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've stuck with Grobe this long in hopes he gets lucky again?

After this weekend, we are halfway through the season. I give us a 30-35 percent chance of making a bowl game. VT is bowl eligable with Miami and the FSU/Clemson winner up next. The loser will get it the next week. What are the chances that Wake makes it to 6-6 and not get into a bowl game? MD has 'cuse, NCSU,and BC after we beat them, the need two of those three. Duke has UVa and the holes. That makes six. That leaves us with GT, BC 'Cuse, Pitt and NCSU to battle it out over a trip to Shreveport or Annapolis. This could get interesting. DEPORT LOBO!!!!!

It's the off week. Gotta talk about something other than "LOBO SUCKS". Remember, Notre Dame will push us down the food chain. Maybe we'll end up in Birmingham. Here's something to discuss. Vandy plays 3 ranked teams next, leaving them to run the table to make a bowl. Their last 3 games are Kentucky, at Tenn, then us. Do you think they can make it?

Last edited:
Between Syracuse, Vanderbilt and Duke, there's still a chance...

I think we have a decent shot at beating Duke and Cuse and being bowl eligible. Vanderbilt looked pretty good upsetting Georgia. I think they smoke us again.

I think we have a decent shot at beating Duke and Cuse and being bowl eligible. Vanderbilt looked pretty good upsetting Georgia. I think they smoke us again.

Georgia has about 10 starters out and Vandy won that game scoring on a fake FG and then scored 17 points in the 4th quarter after GA fumbled a punt deep in their own territory and then the punter muffed a snap deep in their own territory.

They were more lucky than good.

If we play like we have the last two years on the final game, they will probably smoke us. If we play like we give a damn, we can win that game. They aren't that good.

Syracuse looks like a decent target if we can manage to play well in the Dome. I see a win against Duke as less likely than one against Cuse. And Vandy may well be looking for their sixth win against us, for added incentive. While each of these games is winnable from a talent standpoint, our end of season records over the last four years don't give me a lot of confidence.

Cuse is not very good, but they do get a bye this week before playing WF on 11/2. BTW, I only saw part of the Cuse/GT game, but it looked like Cuse lost a couple key players to injury.

ESPN ACC blog has the conference with 11 bowl eligible teams with Wake and NCSU left out of the ACC's bowl parterships. Even if the ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams those last two will take the spots of some mid-tier conference bowl games. Teams like UL-Lafayette and Troy State will lose out to 6 win ACC teams every year...

ESPN ACC blog has the conference with 11 bowl eligible teams with Wake and NCSU left out of the ACC's bowl parterships. Even if the ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams those last two will take the spots of some mid-tier conference bowl games. Teams like UL-Lafayette and Troy State will lose out to 6 win ACC teams every year...

When do the two new bowls start (Boca Raton and Bahamas)?

One can always hope. In the past I used to think that we deserved to be lucky for a change. For a part of this year we have been squandering our advantages. If we don't make a bowl, we'll only have ourselves and a misguided offensive strategy to blame.

if we go to the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl i'm definitely fucking going. Nashville was a blast even though we lost, and it was cool seeing how retarded Mississippi State fans are.

We can beat Duke and Cuse if we don't get too banged up at Miami and FSU. That is the biggest obstacle I see. If we suffer a couple of injuries in those games we could lose out.

This is a fascinating thread to read looking back to the summer.

Back