• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake Forest make a bowl game in 2013-2014?

Does Wake go bowling this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got to have a 3-1 or 4-0 start to balance out the 0-5 or 1-4 finish.
This. If we somehow start the year 2-2 (or worse), we're done.

That said, I think we start 4-0 and end up 6-6. So yes, pack your bags! We're going bowling at some amazing, exotic location!

We certainly aren't starting 4-0 because we aren't beating ULM.

No bowl for this team. I don't see six wins on that schedule.

I'm saying no.

In reality, I have no idea. Somewhere between 5-7 wins.

I feel like this team certainly has the potential to win 8 games or so. I think 6 or 7 is realistic.

I'll go with 7-5.

6 or 7 wins. The OL is the key. If Tanner goes down, then pull the plug. We should not throw one pass against Prezbo. Give the OL a baptism in fire, and keep our D on the bench.

On the one hand we just need one more win than last year. On the other, last year's team was possibly the worst 5 win team ever.

Last year's team beat some very bad teams as well.

Liberty
UNC minus Bernard
Army (2-10)
BC (2-10)
UVa (4-8)

The thing is we play enough crappy teams that we should make a bowl every year if we're at all decent.

That ULM game is going to be key. Our guys are going to need to have something to look back on (hopefully a 4-0 record) after Clemson dismantles us. If we let a bad State team catch us with our heads hanging and drop that game at home, we're going to struggle to find the confidence to win 6 games.

With that said, I'm saying 7-5 with an upset over Miami, but a loss at Cuse. Like I said, I think how well we get over the Clemson game could determine our season.

Lets just hope going bowling doesn't come down to beating Vandy. It's devastating to think of how much space they've put between us and them over the last couple years of this "rivalry."

Last edited:
Last year's team beat some very bad teams as well.

Liberty
UNC minus Bernard
Army (2-10)
BC (2-10)
UVa (4-8)

The thing is we play enough crappy teams that we should make a bowl every year if we're at all decent.

Yeah, the problem is that we are on the same level as those teams most years. Hence the need to be even slightly above decent to win 50%+ of those games.

You guys watch the spring game? Are O-Line and receivers not named Camp are absolutely terrible. 4-8.

Back