• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake Forest make a bowl game in 2013-2014?

Does Wake go bowling this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That ULM game is going to be key. Our guys are going to need to have something to look back on (hopefully a 4-0 record) after Clemson dismantles us. If we let a bad State team catch us with our heads hanging and drop that game at home, we're going to struggle to find the confidence to win 6 games.

With that said, I'm saying 7-5 with an upset over Miami, but a loss at Cuse. Like I said, I think how well we get over the Clemson game could determine our season.

Lets just hope going bowling doesn't come down to beating Vandy. It's devastating to think of how much space they've put between us and them over the last couple years of this "rivalry."

I think we beat up Syracuse this year as I don't think Tanner has forgotten our last game against them we would have won. 9-3 at best 6-6 at worst 7-5 is my guess.

I would like to vote yes, but 1) Lobo, 2) bad OL, and 3) the team mailed it in at the end of last year.

This plus our matador defense approach and inability to stop anyone, any time on third down. I lost a lot of faith in Grobe when he did not make some major coaching changes after last year's joke

Originally Posted by awaken
I would like to vote yes, but 1) Lobo, 2) bad OL, and 3) the team mailed it in at the end of last year.

It is Grobe who is mailing it in.

Did I hear that Miss St had to forfeit the Music City Bowl to us?

They only forfeit their win. Wake doesn't pick up a W.

Be a shitty way to get a trophy anyway.

hard to go higher than 6-6 after NCSU/ND/Vandy finish last year

Aug. 29 PRESBYTERIAN W
Sept. 6 at Boston College* W
Sept. 14 LOUISIANA MONROE L
Sept. 21 at Army W
Sept. 28 at Clemson* L
Oct. 5 NC STATE* W
Oct. 12 OPEN
Oct. 19 MARYLAND* W
Oct. 26 at Miami* L
Nov. 2 at Syracuse* L
Nov. 9 FLORIDA STATE* L
Nov. 16 OPEN
Nov. 23 DUKE*W
Nov. 30 at Vanderbilt L

6-6/ Bowling

I just don't see it. Our OL has not been good for several years, we are installing yet another new offense (which I'm in favor of this time, but no doubt Lobo will switch it), and the team appeared to absolutely mail it in at the end of last season.

Grobe has been lifting with the boys this offseason. They won't quit on him this year. (Channeling my inner Lectro).

Will Grobe quit on them by punting in opposing team territory down several TDs like he did against Clemson?

6-6 and a bowl game still doesn't get me excited at all. Swimming in mediocrity.

I'm going into the season thinking no, we won't make a bowl game. If we do, it will be a pleasant surprise.

6-6 and a bowl game still doesn't get me excited at all. Swimming in mediocrity.
Woody, would you take a 6-6 year that includes a win over Florida St? That was the most satisfying thing about '11. We led in 12 of 13 games that year. But the direction this team has been on since the 4th Qtr of the Duke game does not raise any hope going into this year. We do not have a track record of developing an offensive line since '06-'07.

Woody, would you take a 6-6 year that includes a win over Florida St? That was the most satisfying thing about '11. We led in 12 of 13 games that year..

Which made that year frustrating in its own right, that we blew so many leads.

But we've probably averaged at least 3-4 games per year like that under Grobe

Aug. 29 PRESBYTERIAN W
Sept. 14 LOUISIANA MONROE W
Sept. 21 at Army W
Sept. 28 at Clemson* W
Oct. 5 NC STATE* W
Oct. 12 OPEN
Oct. 19 MARYLAND* W
Oct. 26 at Miami* L
Nov. 2 at Syracuse* L
Nov. 9 FLORIDA STATE* L
Nov. 16 OPEN
Nov. 23 DUKE* L
Nov. 30 at Vanderbilt L

Aug. 29 PRESBYTERIAN W
Sept. 14 LOUISIANA MONROE L
Sept. 21 at Army W
Sept. 28 at Clemson* L
Oct. 5 NC STATE* W
Oct. 12 OPEN
Oct. 19 MARYLAND* W
Oct. 26 at Miami* L
Nov. 2 at Syracuse* L
Nov. 9 FLORIDA STATE* L
Nov. 16 OPEN
Nov. 23 DUKE*W
Nov. 30 at Vanderbilt L

6-6/ Bowling

We got absolutely hammered in Raleigh last year. I realize the game is in WS this year but I just don't see us being that much improved to where we beat State.

Aug. 29 PRESBYTERIAN W
Sept. 6 at Boston College* L
Sept. 14 LOUISIANA MONROE W
Sept. 21 at Army L
Sept. 28 at Clemson* L
Oct. 5 NC STATE* L
Oct. 12 OPEN
Oct. 19 MARYLAND* W
Oct. 26 at Miami* L
Nov. 2 at Syracuse* L
Nov. 9 FLORIDA STATE* L
Nov. 16 OPEN
Nov. 23 DUKE* W
Nov. 30 at Vanderbilt L

4-8*

*if you count moral victories and culture, we're 6-6.

Back