• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Wake Forest make a bowl game in 2013-2014?

Does Wake go bowling this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The ceiling of this team is five wins. At BC, and at Army are to me likely Ls. La-Monroe is not a sure win. We could easily start off 1-3. The level of this program has declined substantially since 06-08. Most of the other teams we play close are going in the opposite direction from us, and I give them the edge. The recruiting hole we've dug would take years to climb out of if we were actually recruiting well, which we aren't. I don't look for the trend of the last four years to abate.

6-6 teams shouldn't go to a bowl game....just my pet peeve with bowls today. If you can't at least have a winning record you don't deserve a bowl game. With that said I don't see more than 5 wins at best with the current coaching staff calling the plays.

State isn't going to be good this year. That doesn't mean we'll beat them, but they're not going to be good.

The ceiling of this team is five wins. At BC, and at Army are to me likely Ls. La-Monroe is not a sure win. We could easily start off 1-3. The level of this program has declined substantially since 06-08. Most of the other teams we play close are going in the opposite direction from us, and I give them the edge. The recruiting hole we've dug would take years to climb out of if we were actually recruiting well, which we aren't. I don't look for the trend of the last four years to abate.

You think at Army is a likely loss? Okay.

Considering what has happened over the past few years, why would anyone be optimistic about anything related to WF athletics? 4-8.

I'll go ahead and wager with anyone here that we lose one of our two at BC and Army. I don't think you guys remember how much we absolutely sucked by the end of last season.

You had to get yourself blackout drunk, so much that you didn't know where you were, in order to make yourself stay for the second halves of our last couple home games. Terrible play calling, no heart, pathetic atmosphere, etc.

The Athletic Department is such a shit show that I have zero expectations for any of the major sports and the excitement has been sucked out of me. If we make a bowl game beating Presbyterian, Boston College, ULM, Army, Maryland, and Duke I still wouldn't be all that excited since basically we are just holding out hope for mediocrity and the norm continues. So either a good bowl with upset wins through out the season and competitive in all games or just put us out to pasture and end it with a big 0 wins and everyone associated with Wake sports is fired.

I'll go ahead and wager with anyone here that we lose one of our two at BC and Army. I don't think you guys remember how much we absolutely sucked by the end of last season.

You had to get yourself blackout drunk, so much that you didn't know where you were, in order to make yourself stay for the second halves of our last couple home games. Terrible play calling, no heart, pathetic atmosphere, etc.

We damn near lost to Army last year. Had their QB not been injured in the 4th quarter, we likely would have lost. We couldn't stop him the entire game.

Army will be decent this year and by no means a sure win. Loh is correct about that game and in general.

I had to do that to watch the first halves of those games in my living room.

We damn near lost to Army last year. Had their QB not been injured in the 4th quarter, we likely would have lost. We couldn't stop him the entire game.

Exactly. My point was that we're far too shitty to think that almost any game (except maybe Presby, oh wait we beat FUCKING LIBERTY by 3 points) is a gimme. Hell I bet Duke beats us by double digits this year.

I'll stick with my original prediction of 4-8 but could easily be talked into 2 or 3 wins.

And I 100% agree with Amanda Bynes' post a couple above me, I'd rather us go 0-12 than 4-8 or 5-7. In the words of my personal diety DV7, this AD needs to be burnt to the fucking ground. Kill everyone and start over.

If Army had possessed an defense, they would have beaten us by 2 or 3 tds last season. Hopefully our defense will improve and hopefully our offense will be 2x as effective (that's a stretch). Also, I believe the Army QB graduated. It should be a win; but at West Point, who knows?

We could easily start off 1-3?

I'll bet any reasonable dollar amount on that one. 1-3 or worse, you win. 2-2 or better, I win. Takers?

And Army gave us everything we could handle. They're going to beat us eventually.

Back