• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Campaign Contacted Russians Leading Up To Election

2rpxmbs.jpg

I'm anxiously awaiting comrade Bob's take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, conservatives and Donald supporters won't care.

What's it going to take?

Well the article does remind us that a key part about being an intelligence officer often involves not letting people know you're an intelligence officer.

To repeat myself:

I simply do not believe that this is the first time in history a new administration talked to the soviets/Russians in between election and inauguration. I would think that every single one in modern times should have and if they didn't they were morons.

So we're allowed to try and influence elections all over the world, but no one can do it to us?

Take the L, liberals.

To repeat myself:

I simply do not believe that this is the first time in history a new administration talked to the soviets/Russians in between election and inauguration. I would think that every single one in modern times should have and if they didn't they were morons.

Wrong thread.

This is Watergate/Iran-Contra level scandal. Heads are going to roll and it's going to hang on this Admin for the rest of its term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To repeat myself:

Except it occurred throughout his campaign, before he even knew he was going to win. I think he and his team quite literally sold their souls to the devil for the chance to win the election and James Comey and the cowardly GOP establishment aided the whole thing.

The absolute lack of preparation for a potential win by the Trump admin combined with the verified pre-election reports of contact between his cohorts and Russia is the smoking gun here. He had no idea he was going to win but his team kept in touch with the Russians anyway. Why would Putin even bother with the orange one unless there was a chance he gets elected?

There's nothing. They're with him no matter what.

ETA: His supporters are with him no matter what. Spineless, craven hacks like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will drop him at the moment they deem it to be within their political interest. But not a moment sooner.

precisely

So we're allowed to try and influence elections all over the world, but no one can do it to us?

Take the L, liberals.

Well yeah, duh. That's like saying: we invaded Iraq, does that mean nobody should be allowed to invade us?

This article makes some good points. Just because anti-trumps like the result, we should think carefully about what this really means. http://theweek.com/articles/680068/...-took-down-michael-flynn-that-deeply-worrying

I'm not sure I agree with the premise. While intelligence officials may "work for Trump," they've sworn an oath to defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. There's a long and celebrated history of civil servants exposing government misfeasance to the detriment of their superiors. It's not just the job of Congress

Yeah, we all know the real story of Watergate was that Deep Throat was a traitor... wait what?

Yeah, we all know the real story of Watergate was that Deep Throat was a traitor... wait what?

Right, the article seems to argue from the position that executive branch officials have a privilege to keep their nefarious activities secret, even if they affect the security of the country. That's clearly wrong.

Back