• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Campaign Contacted Russians Leading Up To Election

When you hate gay people (as knowell does) you assume that any picture of guys kissing is meant to be offensive.

VNHIV1M.jpg

Damn good article. I am glad Flynn is gone but how it happened should be chilling to anyone that values a democratic form of government.

And Deep Throat was a traitor? Should we be chilled?

Damn good article. I am glad Flynn is gone but how it happened should be chilling to anyone that values a democratic form of government.

Also, how he got there in the first place should bother anyone who values a democratic form of government.

I need to know when leaks are good and when leaks are bad.

When Pubs use them it's good/bad and when Dems use them it's bad/good?

A lot of hypocrisy across the board here.

what was the worst thing revealed in wikieaks? i'm assuming no one on here save for maybe BSF is dumb enough to believe pizzagate? was it that donna brazille tried to give hillary a heads up about a debate question? or that the DNC hated bernie?

compare that to possibly coordinating with russian spies to influence an american election.

Also, how he got there in the first place should bother anyone who values a democratic form of government.

Fair point, but does that justify what happened? That is giving an immense amount of power to unelected spooks. Guarantee you there is something that could bring down just about anybody. Pretty likely the next time will be someone you like. Dems are almost guaranteed to be in the White house after Trump leaves. This power will be used again and if unchecked more often. Pubs will likely cheer when it does.

i wanna know if the white nationalist bloggers we put in charge of the federal government are coordinating with russian spies. this is kind of a unique situation.

Knowell, it's funny you celebrate this article after cheering for wikileaks.

i wanna know if the white nationalist bloggers we put in charge of the federal government are coordinating with russian spies. this is kind of a unique situation.

If the answer is no, are you comfortable with expanding power of NSA, CIA, etc to satisfy your curiosity.

Not sure how this does not bother everyone. This is much more important than Trump or Flynn. It will be used against the next Obama or Clinton or Sanders as well.

Fair point, but does that justify what happened? That is giving an immense amount of power to unelected spooks. Guarantee you there is something that could bring down just about anybody. Pretty likely the next time will be someone you like. Dems are almost guaranteed to be in the White house after Trump leaves. This power will be used again and if unchecked more often. Pubs will likely cheer when it does.

What is the intelligence community supposed to do with intelligence that implicates the President if Congress is not going to act?

It's weird for a libertarian to believe in the power of government over private businesses (media) in keeping government in check.

Knowell, it's funny you celebrate this article after cheering for wikileaks.

I would not say I cheered Wikileaks but it is somewhat understandable that there are forces that are willing to expose Gov secrets. Those forces should not be our own spy network.

If the answer is no, are you comfortable with expanding power of NSA, CIA, etc to satisfy your curiosity.

Not sure how this does not bother everyone. This is much more important than Trump or Flynn. It will be used against the next Obama or Clinton or Sanders as well.

the IC is currently in a state of unprecedented crisis. they can't fully disclose intelligence to the WH because they fear the Kremlin has "ears in the SITROOM."

I do think it would be potentially chilling if the intelligence apparatus were being used as a partisan tool or for distinctly partisan ends (whether or not that's the case here, that's what I took from the article). But I'm also not surprised that there are a number of intelligence people -- who fall on both ends of the political spectrum -- who have been slighted or pissed off by Trump or his behavior.

Whistleblower protections are there for a reason, and I agree Americans should stand up and speak out when they see something wrong. (Although I do think leaking to the press is significantly more dangerous and less protected than leaking to members Congress or through other official channels.)

I would not say I cheered Wikileaks but it is somewhat understandable that there are forces that are willing to expose Gov secrets. Those forces should not be our own spy network.

You also voted that Snowden is "kind of" a hero, though. Where do you draw the distinction?

also confounding that the defense from DJT and posters on here about contacting russian spies is not denial, it's source.... lmfao

sure it's happening but the leaks tho

What is the intelligence community supposed to do with intelligence that implicates the President if Congress is not going to act?

It's weird for a libertarian to believe in the power of government over private businesses (media) in keeping government in check.

Your big concern is that Flynn spoke about sanctions? If there is some proof that Flynn coordinated with Russia against Hillary, then OK.

What's weird about a Libertarian being concerned about the growing power of unelected government officials? How does it not bother you?

Back