• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

WHAT???

My post shows major differences between Watergate and now.

If that last clause is your subtitle, you are DOA in the Republican Party.

Republicans love trump. It may have started as convenience or resignation, but he embodies so much of their values.

An angry old white man bitching about how others are responsible for everything negative in his life. Nationalist, anti-intellectual, brash, and reactionary - he is the GOP.

TITCR. Rockefeller Pubs are independents or Dems now. Trump replaced them with a few Roseanne Barr type former Dems. Assuming Trump loses, another demagogue will rise to get the nomination in 2020. The new banana Pubs don't want to listen to the George Wills and David Brooks and nominate someone like Ben Sasse or Larry Hogan.

Yes. His actions and their response were the primary reasons I stopped identifying as a Democrat.

Oddly, the republican’s action in the Clinton impeachment threw me from independence to full on Democrat so I guess we evened each other out

Yes. His actions and their response were the primary reasons I stopped identifying as a Democrat.

LOL. I could buy that for his affairs in general but I remember their response to impeachment was more of an extended eye roll at what was a blatant partisan process.

Have you stopped identifying as a Republican after this impeachment?

0008337236_10.jpg

There was no reason to be investigating the sex life of a POTUS.

It's preposterous to investigate any politician for LOSING almost all of their family's net worth on a land deal. If they had made $20M, it would have been one thing, but to investigate LOSING money is nuts and 1000% partisan. Everything after that is "fruit of the poison tree".

I happen to believe that lying under oath — whether it be about sex in the White House with an intern, the meaning of memes in a yearbook, or whatever — is disqualifying for a role in a high public office. It’s a shame that view is not more widely held.

bbb-zweiss-sousaphone-full-size-24-bell.jpg

I’m close, but the process needs to play out. If the pubs in the senate show some spine, perhaps not.

If they don’t, I will.

So, House, Senate and WH Republicans supporting and promoting Russian disinformation isn't enough for you.

Cool.

There was no legitimate reason for Brett Kavanaugh to be asked about the meaning of a Devil’s Triangle. Once asked, however, he has an obligation to answer honestly. Same with Clinton.

Kavanaugh was getting a lifetime appointment that could deal with issues related to sexual crimes.

The entire Whitewater Investigation was bogus and pure partisanship. I thought you understood the concept of "fruit from the poison tree".

There was no reason to be investigating the sex life of a POTUS.

It's preposterous to investigate any politician for LOSING almost all of their family's net worth on a land deal. If they had made $20M, it would have been one thing, but to investigate LOSING money is nuts and 1000% partisan. Everything after that is "fruit of the poison tree".

There is no reason to investigate a POTUS that has sex with an intern in the oval office? Really?

This take is not Woke.

OK boomer.

I am having a hard time appreciating the sincerity of someone who says that they left the Democratic party on principal over the Clinton impeachment and are still wavering on this Pub nationalism corruption shitshow.

I happen to believe that lying under oath — whether it be about sex in the White House with an intern, the meaning of memes in a yearbook, or whatever — is disqualifying for a role in a high public office. It’s a shame that view is not more widely held.

Wonderful. Your objection is defined so narrowly so it will never be able to be applied to Trump or Republicans in general. A real masterpiece. They could have used you on the GOP dais for these hearings, you’d certainly have been more useful than that loud doofus Gym Jordan.

I am having a hard time appreciating the sincerity of someone who says that they left the Democratic party on principal over the Clinton impeachment and are still wavering on this Pub nationalism corruption shitshow.

Exhibit 1,000,000 about believing anything Junebug says.

Of course the logical follow up question is, Junebug should Trump take the stand under oath in his impeachment? Junebug will respond “[federalist society national review talking point] therefore he should not have to take the stand” So Junebug has no expectation that Trump should ever have to do the one thing that could be a disqualification for Junebug.

If that last clause is your subtitle, you are DOA in the Republican Party.

Republicans love trump. It may have started as convenience or resignation, but he embodies so much of their values.

An angry old white man bitching about how others are responsible for everything negative in his life. Nationalist, anti-intellectual, brash, and reactionary - he is the GOP.

To paraphrase chris rock "republicans love to not know shit." Climate

Back