• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Just curious - did Donald Trump, the great corruption fighter, ever hold up any aid to Israel? Because the actual prime minister of Israel has been under public investigation for corruption for 2 years and has now been indicted. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-netanyahu-indictment-cases-exp/give-and-take-the-charges-against-israels-netanyahu-idUSKBN1XV2BY

Has Giuliani ever been to Israel to check on all that corruption going on?

F170523YS043-e1546021766208-1024x640.jpg

There's never been anything like Trumpism. Normally, I'd absolutely agree with you.

It literally happened in your lifetime with Nixon. The only difference is the mass media presence being about 1000x more now.

Just curious - did Donald Trump, the great corruption fighter, ever hold up any aid to Israel? Because the actual prime minister of Israel has been under public investigation for corruption for 2 years and has now been indicted. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-netanyahu-indictment-cases-exp/give-and-take-the-charges-against-israels-netanyahu-idUSKBN1XV2BY

Has Giuliani ever been to Israel to check on all that corruption going on?

F170523YS043-e1546021766208-1024x640.jpg

watch it with the antisemitism, buddy

Hey man, I'm just saying we need Rudy Giuliani to get to the bottom of this. Maybe he could do a twofer on the trip by checking on the corruption going on in other major recipients of US military aide, like, say, Saudi Arabia.

Not sure where I saw it but someone said Republicans stood with Nixon until the last minute and then claimed they were heroes. If they come to their senses with Trump, we can’t let them do that again.

The biggest difference between now and Nixon is not mass media. The differences are the GOP has no one with any cajones or who puts our nation over their party.

During Watergate, Members of Congress did put the country over party. If Fiona Hill had testified that conspiracy theories were placed by the U.S.S.R. in 1972-4, extreme RWers like Barry Goldwater or moderate Republicans like Howard Baker would have stood up for America not Nixon.

Comparing what's happening under Trump to Watergate is ludicrous. Trump has done exponentially more to harm our nation than Nixon ever did. Trump has made our nation weaker and put it at risk. Nixon's ego led to stupid crimes and a cover-up. This makes the cowardice of the GOP even more heinous and traitorous.

Not sure where I saw it but someone said Republicans stood with Nixon until the last minute and then claimed they were heroes. If they come to their senses with Trump, we can’t let them do that again.

TITCR

The myths about Watergate and the Nixon impeachment are “ludicrous.” I would recommend the first season of Slow Burn for a useful primer.

I keep thinking that some Republican with ambition will do the calculus and lead a revolt against Trump and become a hero to 2/3 of the country. That person would immediately become a front runner for the 2024 nomination- whether they could win a republican primary without the deplorable vote is dicey but their name recognition would be through the roof- The senator who took down Trump.

Justin Amash tried that and got buried under the bus and forgotten.

I keep thinking that some Republican with ambition will do the calculus and lead a revolt against Trump and become a hero to 2/3 of the country. That person would immediately become a front runner for the 2024 nomination- whether they could win a republican primary without the deplorable vote is dicey but their name recognition would be through the roof- The senator who took down Trump.

If that last clause is your subtitle, you are DOA in the Republican Party.

Republicans love trump. It may have started as convenience or resignation, but he embodies so much of their values.

An angry old white man bitching about how others are responsible for everything negative in his life. Nationalist, anti-intellectual, brash, and reactionary - he is the GOP.

if Trump loses the election and especially if the Dem's get the senate in addition to the house, watch how fast the rubes say that they never liked Trump anyway and its his fault that the Democrats are in the white house now. Trump could be a persona non grata by the time 2024 gets here to rubes who hate democrats. Of course, that's only if Trump loses....

Were Democrats crazy defenders during Clinton’s impeachment?

No, it was pretty easy to defend him though, especially when Gingrich, Hyde and several other Pubs had their own extra marital affairs exposed during the impeachment process.

The Pubs were pretty crazy in their aggressive pursuit of impeachment. Henry Hyde was an absolutely odious shithead.

The biggest difference between now and Nixon is not mass media. The differences are the GOP has no one with any cajones or who puts our nation over their party.

During Watergate, Members of Congress did put the country over party. If Fiona Hill had testified that conspiracy theories were placed by the U.S.S.R. in 1972-4, extreme RWers like Barry Goldwater or moderate Republicans like Howard Baker would have stood up for America not Nixon.

Comparing what's happening under Trump to Watergate is ludicrous. Trump has done exponentially more to harm our nation than Nixon ever did. Trump has made our nation weaker and put it at risk. Nixon's ego led to stupid crimes and a cover-up. This makes the cowardice of the GOP even more heinous and traitorous.

No wonder we are repeating history.

Back